By Anonymous - 23/09/2014 12:00 - United States - Tampa

Today, it's the first day of fall. It's also the day that over 20 people have made jokes about my name being "Autumn" like they're the funniest, most original people alive. It's not even 8 am. This is going to be a long day. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 092
You deserved it 3 451

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Aw :( I'm sorry. It's a really gorgeous name, though.

Trip them and say, "have a nice trip, see you next fall!"

Comments

You should ignore them. There are a lot of weirder names out there. Your name is actually beautiful :D

I know how you feel... I get "Do you have Faith" and "Keep the Faith" at least once a day for as long as I can remember..... my name is Faith if you didn't gather that lol

Catlover1130 14

I get guff all the time for my name being Hillary. "Like Hillary Clinton?" They always say. I just put a smile on my face and keep going even though I hate being compared to her. Just tell them that you've heard the joke a million times, it's not funny anymore and to buzz off.

"Autumn" isn't a strange or creative name. OP's parents aren't the first people to name her that; there are plenty of people named Autumn.

Reply with "that's really funny, it'd be perfect if your name was originality because you nailed it"

Being also named Autumn, I feel your pain. You can always do what I do and extra sarcastically compliment them on their originality.

laugh historically until they stop laughing...

NiceGuysDoWin 21

laugh Historically? I'm trying to picture what that would entail...either a laugh that is epic enough for the history books, or maybe a laugh imitating some historic figure. I know it was likely a typo or autocorrect, and he likely meant hysterically, but I'm just picturing her laughing like Abe Lincoln or Betsy Ross. That image makes me chuckle. Laughing Historically is my new favorite thing.

lol..in haven't even looked at my damn autocorrect thing..sorry..yes its histerically only.. thanks for correcting it...

Hysterically darlin, that's the word you're looking for

I know how you feel. My last name is Crisp, and every single time I tell someone my name I get some quip along the lines of "like crispy chicken nuggets?" -.-

At least when people hear your name they think of a beautiful season and not disgusting, processed, fast food.