By Anonymous - 22/06/2016 22:13 - United States - Newcastle

Today, it's my 7-year anniversary with my boyfriend. I was excited so I asked him what day it was and he said, "Wednesday?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 395
You deserved it 2 551

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Some of the best surprises I've ever pulled off involved pretending to be oblivious. Hope this was the case in your situation. But maybe I'm just an optimist.

would have been funnier if he said hump day lol

Comments

This fml just made me realize it was mine and my boyfriends 3rd anniversary just a few days ago. Woops lol

Lol you need to get some chocalate and flowers

So I'm guessing the ring isn't coming any time soon

This is only a big deal if you decide to make it a big deal. Loads of people don't remember anniversary dates, it doens't say anything about their love or commitment. If it's important for you to celebrate your anniversary, remind your boyfriend, preferably some time in advance so that gifts, restaurant bookings or whatever it is you'd like to do can be arranged for.

why create such a drama by asking, just wish him and have a great day.

Too many people get worked up over numbers in relationships. Its just a date. Just do what I do and have the whole summer be an anniversary if you want to

Mysterybounty 6

7 years and still just a boyfriend plus cant remember your anniversary? Not a smart choice staying with him.

Right, because how healthy a relationship is can be judged by those two factors alone, especially by a random person who has no information other than just those two facts.

7 years and he is still just your boyfriend? Maybe you should worry less about him remembering and worry more about why he is just your boyfriend after 7 whole years

And maybe you shouldn't judge other people's relationship without knowing anything about them. Not everyone wants to get married, and even people who do want to get married can have very valid reasons to wait for a long time before doing so.

I've been with my boyfriend for over 5 years, we aren't getting married for at least another 5. Why? Because we're both in college and I'm not finished for another 4 years. We'd also want to try living together first, before we'd even start thinking about marriage. Nothing wrong with being unmarried.

My boyfriend and I have been together almost 7 years and aren't getting married any time soon. Why? We started dating at 16, we are only 22 now and still in college and broke. There's no need to rush, and no need to judge.

My cousin and her husband were together for ten years before getting married. Granted, they started dating when they were sixteen, but still. Putting a timer on a relationship tends not to work very well.

when ever I'm asked what day it is I just go with special day and play by year from there.

For example if someone goes what day is it they say whatever holiday or special day the date is closest to so if he/she thinks it's March 16 he or/she says st Patrick's day

IcyDarcy 10

What's a 7 years anniversary with a boyfriend ? What did you expect him to remember ? The day you first met ? The day you had your first date ? The day you first had sex ?... I'll go with YDI because unless it's something official like your wedding, you shouldn't expect the poor guy to remember it.

You should be able to remember the anniversary of when you got together, it isn't that hard, especially after 7 years. My parents can remember and yes my dad included and they've been married for 25 years and no he's never forgotten an anniversary. No need to be a jackass #26 because to some people things like that ARE special.