By Annieisnotokay - 17/04/2013 10:20 - United Kingdom

Today, in my psychology class we were covering OCDs. I have an issue with creased paper and my best friend brought it up, so for the next hour my class mates sat screwing up paper to see how long I could continuously have a panic attack. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 216
You deserved it 6 877

Annieisnotokay tells us more.

Just want to point out that I was pretty sure I had a last sentence that said 'turns out I lasted 5 minutes before fainting'. I am not claiming that I was in full blown panic mode for a full hour. I have a diagnosed OCD which does effect quite a large part of my life, I can't even use paper in class. The majority of my friends know I have this OCD and my best friend only brought it up as an example because she knows I don't really mind people knowing because for me as embarrassing as it is, I feel that if people know they won't make a big deal out of it and since I'm in year 12 I wasn't expecting people to over react as they did. The people who were doing it were the boys in my class who are really only in the class because they needed an extra subject to be allowed to attend the college I'm at. The teacher was trying to stop them but she was a substitute so naturally the already rowdy boys were not going to be told to stop.

Top comments

Your teacher is a complete and utter douche if they knowingly allowed this to continue.

SavingRyansPvts 4

I'm hoping you aren't in a college psychology class..people need to respect that OCD isn't really something you can conquer easily on your own.

Comments

Agh, that sucks, panic attacks are horrible. If you remember which of your classmates were doing that, you should report them.

thiz iz hands down tha lamest ocd iv herd lmao

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

For OP, yes, it feels that way. Obviously you don't have OCD. Goody for you.

And tomorrow in your psych class all of your classmates will be handed the harassment complaint you filed with the department head...

What ******* jackasses. Did you tell your teacher? Jesus. So sorry.

katiemariekg 9

Why/how would a psych teacher let that happen? That's so unethical.

There are too many insensitive people on this FML. This is probably because OCD is almost always portrayed as this funny little thing that doesn't have much of a, if any, negative impact on the lives of those who have it.

sounds more like that wasn't your best friend