By Enrique - 07/02/2010 01:19 - United States

Today, I work at McDonalds. I burned my hand while cleaning their grill and have a 2nd/3rd degree burn from my pinky to my wrist. When told about this, my manager told me that there was "nothing that they could do for me and to tough it out". However I was given a free McFlurry. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 996
You deserved it 5 004

Same thing different taste

Top comments

PLEASE write down in detail what happened and everything he said to you . The sooner the better; the fresher it is in your mind, the more you will remember. Save all written materials, receipts for medical care and medication, including over-the-counter drugs. Take pictures of your injury, if you haven't already and make sure it is dated somehow. Take another picture every few days and date it. Write down all the effects of your injury, particularly things that you can't do because of it. If you do call HR, write down everything you told them and everything they told you. They may advise you to file a Worker's Compensation claim. It would be very good to talk to a lawyer before do this or sign any type of agreement with the company. Get better quickly and as soon as you are well, find a lawyer. If you're underage, have your parents seek out an attorney for you. You might very well qualify for your county's Legal Aid which will be free or absolutely no more than you can afford. But don't let this pass. It's not right, and it's my strong belief that you are entitled to damages. If that manager gets away with treating you like this, he will do it to more employees. This is what civil law is for, IMO. (I work in the legal field, BTW.)

greg1234567890_fml 2

right after i read the first sentence i knew it was FYL

Comments

workers comp they are unable to do that they will get in shit

At least you got a flurry. I have multiple burns and don't get anything except being laughed at...

Psycho_Babydoll 26

Owch. FYL, but on the bright side, OMGFREEMCFLURRYYYYYYY *-*

NOOO!!!!! Don't drink it! It's supposed to be a cold compress do your hand! Only, it's not compressed...

chizmonkey1 0

Dude I've done the exact same thin and it's a new store I was so pissed cuz I burnt my wrist putting pies in the oven ****** Christ

Articfox420 5

Hey I work there too and I burnt the living **** out of my hand too cleaning the grill the grill cleaner dripped down on my hand and yea I got 2nd degree burns too it don't feel good