By Chelstable - 02/08/2016 17:57

Today, I woke up with the worst headache of my life. I didn't get it from drinking, but rather from puking 6 times off the side of a fishing boat. Fishing was the one thing my husband wanted to do while on vacation, even though I'm 3 months pregnant and have a bad stomach. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 706
You deserved it 1 493

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Where was the vacation spot? Could you not hang out somewhere else while he went fishing? That's what my mom always did, my dad would go fishing on a boat, and she would hang out on the beach, or do her own type if excursion, like shopping or sight seeing.

I'm so sorry, that time in pregnancy is so unpredictable and gross. Hopefully you'll start to feel better soon.

Comments

its the one thing he wanted to do and no one forced you to go. YDI for going if you know its going to give you a headache. stop whining.

Vacation kind of implies it was for both of them, likely to spend time TOGETHER before their baby is born. Also, "whining" as you so "kindly" put it is kind of the point of this site.

Unless the vacation was centered AROUND fishing and that's the type of vacation you guys took then I agree with the people saying you could have found something else to do. I of course wanted to spend every minute with my husband on our honeymoon but he wanted to go fishing and do a couple other activities I didn't want to- I enjoyed the pool and made some new friends. So I'm curious on why you HAD to go with?

"You have a great time honey. I hope you catch lots of fish. I'm going to sleep in and rest up so I can catch your big fish when you get home."

species4872 19

Sorry for that but you can at least take comfort in the knowledge that you done something you probably never wanted to do for the sake of your partner. Let's hope that he too is just as considerate towards you.

Goblin182 26

Way to take one for the team, OP. Sorry about how this turned out. I hope the rest of the vacation wasn't ruined by this incident.

menareweak 6

If it was ur husband that was the pregnant one, he would be in bed dying. Men don't care

The one thing HE wanted to do. Why were YOU on the boat? Should've found a nice place to relax onshore.

LAURA_EL_JUICE 6

Well its to late now, your having his baby.