By annoyedgf - 11/07/2015 12:44

Today, I woke up to my boyfriend standing at the end of the bed staring at a large wet spot. Boy do I know how to pick 'em! FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 996
You deserved it 3 371

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm confused as to what caused the wet spot, was it amorous activities the night before or did he piss the bed?

Comments

Hey, shit happens! Sometimes piss too

Cozy_Blanket 16

He sounds like a keeper. All he was doing was anticipating your desire for a water bed thus fulfilling your wish!

this is almost an exact copy of another fml, which says the boy was drunk and pees himself because he's drunk. nice job copying it though, makes it seem even more like an FML

If the 'large wet spot' is from him wetting the bed, adult bed-wetting (Enuresis) is quite common and is uncontrollable by the sufferer. I suffer from it, and I can guarantee there are other people reading this who do as well, and I can tell you it's hugely embarrassing. It was pretty hard even to admit to it here where it's basically anonymous. I still have no idea what causes it and this is after several tests and doctors visits, and I'm scheduled for a test in theatre where I have to have a catheter, while I'm conscious the doctors/surgeons etc will monitor my body processing the waste and try to see what exactly causes the problem (all the way from digesting to urination). It's different for everyone. My problem could be caused by hypothyroidism, which means my thyroid is not secreting the proper amount of hormones that control metabolism and other things. Most of the comments here are fairly immature and insensitive, including the post by OP. If your boyfriend has a bed-wetting problem then you need to convince him to see a doctor and try to figure out what the problem is and how to go about treating or remedying it. Grow up and don't be a mean bitch about it OP. It's embarrassing enough and I'm sure he feels terrible about it. I'm lucky enough to have a supportive partner who, while being understandably disgusted about occasionally waking up in a bed soaked with someone else's urine, completely understands that I have no awareness or control over it and I'm not doing it on purpose or maliciously. If it's not a once-off accident (whether from him being perhaps so drunk his body couldn't wake up and simply lost control or something else entirely) then seriously, get him to see a doctor. **** HIS life, not yours, OP.

countryb_cth 38

I have huge respect for you admitting about your problem. I had a bladder infection and it caused that to happen to me. I highly doubt the OP's boyfriend did it on purpose and he is probably extremely embarrassed. I hope OP was able to be mature enough when dealing with what happened. I know it's embarrassing enough without someone over reacting.

it's true, men have this issue sometimes due to issues with our prostate.. it's really quite rude to judge him based on a health issue

Penguinox 8

Huge respect for you. I totally get how embarrassing it is to live with this problem. You never realize how easy people have it until you no longer have the problem yourself. I had to deal with it for 20 1/2 years and then one day it just stopped and hasn't happened since. And that was after doctors couldn't figure out the problem. It's something that not even my closest friends knew about, or at least they never let me know they knew.

It's not just men. I'm a girl and I used to occasionally wet the bed up until the age of 16. It was extremely embarrassing and it deeply affected my social life (no sleepovers with friends, no summer camps, and it made me extremely shy). I don't know how my life would have turned out if it hadn't suddenly stopped. Probably very badly. I have the utmost respect for people who find the strength to live with this condition without letting it affect their social lives.

SquirrellyGirl 20

Had that problem all the way up to before I entered the sixth grade

I'm a 28 year old woman with PTSD so i have had horrible night terrors for the last 6 years and I've had several accidents wetting the bed from literally having the piss scared out of me in my sleep. luckily my fiance understands and supports me. i wake up terrified,confused, and embarrassed every time. The OP is very rude and insensitive to the fact that accidents happen for various reasons. like seriously, come on what if it was you (op) how would you feel if roles were reversed?

thumper, that sounds terrible. I can't even begin to imagine what that is like as I am a very very deep sleeper and either don't dream or just plain don't remember dreaming. I maybe remember a dream once every few months and what little I do remember is gone very quickly (as in by 9-10am that day). I don't remember ever having a nightmare in my life. I hope you can find something that helps you with your PTSD.

To all the other people who replied to my comment: Thank you for your respect and understanding. Just to be clear though, my intention in posting was to defend OP's boyfriend's problem and let OP and other insensitive commenters know how terrible and embarrassing it is so they can try to empathise with him. :)

Since he's not making bully comments about a stranger on the internet about an embarrassing event from a one-sided view which is not his own, I would say older than you.

F your boyfriends life he's already embarrassed and your method of confrontation will make it worse.

3yellowzebras 19

If OP ever gets pregnant she's in for some fun, sneezing, laughing and coughing have me wetting myself more than I'd like to admit! It's a shame she thinks this is an FML and posts on here instead of being a little more supportive to the poor guy.

jezka374 15

Ex husband did that once but he was extremely drunk... I could of killed him... And I made him clean it up.

It's actually more common then you think. If he had has a family history of it and had traumatic events in his childhood it's more likely to occur.