By KBO - 08/06/2009 06:54 - Australia

Today, I woke up hungover and thirsty, I found a glass of water next to the sink, filled it up with more water, chugged it and went back to bed. I woke up an hour later to my best friend telling me she thought she lost her contacts. They were in a glass next to the sink. I ate her contacts. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 064
You deserved it 43 410

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I would never drink out of a glass that already was filled with water, especially after a night of drinking with no way to know what the glass contains other than water. Is it normal to even put contacts in a glass of water? I thought that you were only supposed to put them in their containers with the saline solution.

oh gross who keeps their contacts floating in a glass of water?

Comments

In a pinch, as long as you keep contacts moist, water is fine.

baysidebird88 0

don't be such a ******' lazy, drunk, idiot next time. You're friends dumb for using a cup to put two contacts in, how can you tell the difference (unless they are the same) I haven't worn contacts in about 5 years so maybe times have changed, but when i had them I'd put them in two seperate spoons...and I'd never use water because that does nothing to clean your contacts you might as well just kept them in your eyes

#32 you're not supposed to sleep with contacts!! that can make you go blind!

lazycrazy 0

Friday, March 29, 2009 3:51 PM: 'Today, I got drunk with my boyfriend. During the middle of the night I went to get a drink and noticed a glass of water on the sink. Thinking my boyfriend left it for me, I drank it. Turns out he was using the cup for his contacts. I drank his last pair of contacts. FML' HOW IRONIC I POSTED THIS A WEEK AGO AND YOU MAGICALLY COME UP WITH ONE EXACTLY LIKE IT...PLEASE BE ORIGINAL- sad thing is mine is true (yes sad, everyone told me I will be able to see my poo clearly now) yours is probably just a made-up FML....

ughh i'd never drink from someone else's glass, which may or may not be water. x[ blech

#74 If you made the same mistake, isn't it plausible that this FML is also true?

xaesthetics_ 0

honestly, you don't put contacts in a glass, thats ridiculous... you get a free case with every solution box you buy so why would you need to put them in a glass. this story was also on freaky stories if anyone remembers that show.

Thats a crap situation... if its true. To sleep with contacts in or to use water to store them in temporarily--- Either way, eyes would be on fire the next day! I don't recommend either.