By KBO - 08/06/2009 06:54 - Australia

Today, I woke up hungover and thirsty, I found a glass of water next to the sink, filled it up with more water, chugged it and went back to bed. I woke up an hour later to my best friend telling me she thought she lost her contacts. They were in a glass next to the sink. I ate her contacts. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 064
You deserved it 43 410

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I would never drink out of a glass that already was filled with water, especially after a night of drinking with no way to know what the glass contains other than water. Is it normal to even put contacts in a glass of water? I thought that you were only supposed to put them in their containers with the saline solution.

oh gross who keeps their contacts floating in a glass of water?

Comments

I laughed harder at #4 then this FML. But, YDI because that is a stupid disgusting thing to do. Two contacts a day keep the doctor away...? Or not...

lazycrazy 0

#76, it might be true, but I had mine on moderate only a few days before, then someone else apparently wrote a "better one". All I am saying is I put it up then magically they had the same situation happen within a few days- it is a bit implausible. How is there nothing on here before...it might as well happened, but I thought my boyfriend was the only dumbarse who uses a drinking glass for his contacts because he always forgets his case. And his eyes ALWAYS burn when he just uses water.

#94 As you can see, many people find it okay to use water instead of saline to store their contact lenses. And since you get the little cases when you buy saline, the next best thing for those who don't buy the saline is a glass. So there's no magical coincidence, it probably happens quite often all around the world...

heavenandhell 0

wtf is up with people eating contacts

trojan124 0

The OP never said it was actually water... solution is clear so he could've assumed

bty245 0

not really that big of a deal

kellster 2

I guess you're buying her a new pair of contacts! Idiot.

UGADawg08 1

#27... LOL! At-least you didn't drink a sample of her AIDS-infected blood.