By anon - 29/01/2015 18:32 - United States - Carlsbad

Today, I woke up after taking the new sleeping pills I was prescribed for my insomnia. I slept for 12 hours and had 5 missed calls from my boss. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 205
You deserved it 2 861

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Explain things to your boss. You can't really be held accountable for this.

At least it wasn't 5 missed calls from your mom. That shit's terrifying.

Comments

Well at least you weren't sleeping on the job.

dave20012 15

Wow that's crazy Try half dose next time.

Or just take it and go to bed much earlier? Either way I think I'd be pretty pumped that the medication worked and you can finally get some sleep! Woo hoo for you!

They are only supposed to work for 8 hours. So yes, op needs to take less.

I wouldn't take sleeping pills if I were you. Soon those pills will be the only thing that will put you to sleep.

Won't change much if they're the only thing that can put you to sleep to begin with.

Being an insomniac and actually getting sleep is completely worth it, though

It really sucks OP, but you should be more careful with new medication especially if they're sleeping pills. Next time, try the medication on a day where you don't have work or maybe work later in the day. hopefully your boss is understanding though

I understand what you're saying, but if the doctor has recommended that certain dosage then you wouldn't want to take less or a different dose. In hindsight, taking it on the weekend would've been smart, but I don't blame op for starting the medication right away.

merryhappy1887 20

Maybe you should tell your doctor to lower the dose :/ hopefully your boss will be understanding. Insomnia really sucks. Or you could try simple over the counter melatonin. Doesn't knock you out like a sleeping pill, but definitely makes it much easier to fall asleep.

jamienicole1993 32

Some of those medications work way better than you want them to..