By suuoerwholock - 15/08/2015 02:50 - United States

Today, I went to the mall and was persistently asked to try one of the curling irons at a kiosk. I don't like to use heat on my hair, but I reluctantly agreed. The iron burned off a good chunk of hair from the back of my head. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 450
You deserved it 4 868

suuoerwholock tells us more.

OP here. This had actually happened a few months ago so my hair is grown out to the point where it's not really that noticeable now. I have roughly 3 feet of hair and I am asked almost every single time I walk by any kiosk that has to do with hair to try out their product. To the people saying that I shouldn't have "caved in"-- I had already walked past this kiosk 3 or 4 times and didn't see any harm in a couple of curls.

Top comments

I hate those people in malls that shove things down your throat.... I get its your job but come on if I say no I'm not gonna change my mind.

Comments

I can't even imagine how upsetting that would be. A chunk from your hair?? Well now you know not to buy this product..

That happened to me once at a mall. I was so pissed

Now you've learned to ignore those people.

Jesus! I just fast walk by them. They're not worth it!

exactly. I don't even look at them. if they say anything, I pretend they're not there.

Sounds like you got burned. Sorry I couldn't resist, but seriously that warrants a solid throat punch

Stand your ground! If they get too pushy, tell them. They shouldn't be allowed to constantly be in our faces anyways, it's rude. Sorry about your hair, hope it grows back fast hun.

As someone who worked in the mall and passed those kiosks a few times a day, you HAVE to stand your ground. I was sent to ER after a kiosk attendant put something on me I was allergic to, without even asking if I wanted to try it. (I had stopped to try something else) I made them pay that Dr bill.

Pretty sure that's considered battery, or assault (can't remember). You could have done a lot more than have them pay your doctor's bill since they placed chemicals on you, without your consent.

That sucks, but YDI for giving in. It's not like you can get in trouble for saying no to them or something. I once had a guy at one of those kiosks selling photography packages, I told him no thanks and he tried to stick an info. packet in my purse. I gave him hell for it!