By futuregigolo - 22/12/2012 00:11 - United States - Strasburg

Today, I went to the local used books store to sell all my college textbooks. I spent several hundred dollars on them in total. I ended up walking out of the shop a pathetic $3.50 richer. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 971
You deserved it 7 671

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Markg1994 0

You should have asked to clarify whether she said "$350" or "3.50".

This is why you always buy textbooks secondhand... I learned that the hard way.

Comments

Textbooks are the biggest ripoff when it comes to college. And that's saying something.

"Richer" that's the key word here man. But seriously that sucks. Should have clarified it before you agreed.

MEM0817 18

Richer? Not really. OP probably spent more in gas to get there and home.

I know, I was just referring to OPs sarcasm on being $3.50 "richer"

Why would you sell them if all they offered was $3.50? You could have sold then some where else....

Well look at it this way, that's $3.50 I don't have.

perdix 29

How bad a condition were they in that you got so little? Did you pee in them? Next time, sell them on Amazon.

Haha true. Except Game Stop will offer you store "credits", and those with a weak mind will perceive the deal as "reasonable".

You could have made posters to put up at your college and sold them second hand for more money.

HelloChrissy 9

Geeze you could have stood outside the bookstore and sold then for more.