Are you?

By lxygrl - 20/07/2019 13:07 - United States - Phenix City

Today, I was told I have kidney stones, kidney infections, and a bladder infection and that I have to get admitted into the hospital. I let my boss know, and she replied, "But you're still coming in for your shift tonight, right?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 304
You deserved it 125

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your boss has clearly never had kidney stones. Might want to tell him / her that you'll be needing a few days off.

Comments

Your boss has clearly never had kidney stones. Might want to tell him / her that you'll be needing a few days off.

Clearly op needs some days off. But if you don’t need surgery and your kidney stones go away naturally, you can go back to work straight away. Kidney stones are extremely painful as long as they are not gone or you don’t have pain med.

“Yes, ma’am, and I’ll be taking vacation days to get my personal issues sorted out.” ‘Murica

While paying out the nose for the medical care too.

Thank God we aren’t plagued with that miserable socialized medicine like the poor, sad people in Europe. What losers! We’ve got it so good here!

Thank God we aren’t plagued with that miserable socialized medicine like the poor, sad people in Europe. What losers! We’ve got it so good here!

"I have kidney stones, and they're also infected, along with my bladder." "Okay. Make sure you're here on time. We're pretty busy." "Actually, I have to have both my legs amputated." "Sorry, we don't have room for chairs. You'll still have to stand." "This is OP's mother. She sadly passed away last night." "Tell her she's suspended without pay, has been docked a week's wages, and she can come back in when she apologizes, and provides a doctor's note."

Is it like this in other countries or just America? I am seriously wanting to know.

Sadly this shite happens in the UK too. My dad was written up at work and had to go to the disciplinary committee because he had a heart attack and didn't make his shift (even when they were notified why). They also wrote him up the day he had surgery for his hernia, .. again, after they were notified in advance and he had been granted days off. Still they tried to discipline him. Bunch of arseholes!

I was making fun of people who don't know, or care, when others are sick. This is probably a global thing, but I'd guess that a lack of compassion and/or understanding isn't very common. If you were talking about the extortionate costs of healthcare, then I have no idea, but America is the country that comes up the most when compared to countries that have far cheaper health plans.

Hopefully she was joking... if not I'd have laughed anyway and said "I'm being admitted into the hospital, what do you think?"

wrenavery90 12

Your boss is obviously an idiot.