By birkin - 22/04/2008 03:13 - France

Today, I went to the Eiffel Tower with my boyfriend. We’d been talking about getting married for a while, and I'd always wanted an uncommon proposal. As we get to the top, my mind started to fantasize. As he rifled through his pockets, I think to myself, “This is it, our big moment!” He then says, “I've always wanted to smoke a cigarette at 300 meters." FML
I agree, your life sucks 642
You deserved it 149

Top comments

If you look closely, the cigarette smoke spelled out wiener.

If you want an uncommon proposal, the Eiffel Tower definitely isn't the place. People propose daily there. Maybe your boyfriend knows that, and is just looking for a more original, personal way to pop the question ;-)

Comments

don't be so quick to judge, op. I'm sure he'll make the cigarette smoke spell out "will you marry me?"

#1 and #2 are the perfect top comments. Referenceing previous FMLs FTW!!!

If you look closely, the cigarette smoke spelled out wiener.

Dodge4x4Ram 46

Vegas drive thru wedding is better though.

If you want an uncommon proposal, the Eiffel Tower definitely isn't the place. People propose daily there. Maybe your boyfriend knows that, and is just looking for a more original, personal way to pop the question ;-)

mariri9206 32

My thoughts exactly. I was going to say "The Eiffel Tower is about as common as you can get when it comes to proposals, or, at least, I'd believe so." Proposing at the Eiffel Tower isn't necessarily bad but, if you want an uncommon/unique proposal, I would think that's not really the place. I mean, Paris IS known as the City of Love and the Eiffel Tower would give a great view so it's basically an iconic/ideal proposal spot. Hopefully, your SO is planning something really special and meaningful to you for a proposal!

At least he didn't break up with you two days before you went ;)

Well, proposing on the Eiffel Tower isn't that uncommon, it's rather common. I've been on the Eiffel Tower twice and witnessed a proposal both times.

IcyDarcy 10

"Uncommon proposal" ? At the top of the Eiffel Tower ? Are you serious ? What surprises me the most is that this was posted from France. I could understand foreigners thinking a proposal at the Eiffel Tower is uncommon because not everyone can travel to Paris and the Eiffel Tower is quite a symbol in the world. But I didn't think anyone in France would get so excited at the idea of getting proposed to at the top of the Eiffel Tower...

Maybe they're just still on holiday in France....?

I've known a lot of people in France who never went to Paris. Maybe OP was one of them and that's why she was excited by the thought of being proposed on the top of the Eiffel tower.

What would be uncommon about being proposed to at the Eiffel Tower?

You call uncommon a proposal in the Eiffel tower ?