By birkin - 22/04/2008 03:13 - France

Today, I went to the Eiffel Tower with my boyfriend. We’d been talking about getting married for a while, and I'd always wanted an uncommon proposal. As we get to the top, my mind started to fantasize. As he rifled through his pockets, I think to myself, “This is it, our big moment!” He then says, “I've always wanted to smoke a cigarette at 300 meters." FML
I agree, your life sucks 642
You deserved it 149

Top comments

If you look closely, the cigarette smoke spelled out wiener.

If you want an uncommon proposal, the Eiffel Tower definitely isn't the place. People propose daily there. Maybe your boyfriend knows that, and is just looking for a more original, personal way to pop the question ;-)

Comments

Proposing on top of the Eiffel Tower may be common for perhaps many tourists in France and for people who reside in France, it actually isn't that common to the rest of the world. There are still a few billion people who probably think it's romantic and uncommon for them to propose up there. And hey, as long as it's romantic to them, then why not? Also, this post was from 2008, so maybe OP has been proposed to already. :)

Honestly though a lot of people propose at the Eiffel Tower. So if he knew you wanted an "uncommon one" he might have figured you wouldn't want one there.

...and then he'd complain that she took away his manhood

Let me tell you the good and the not so good Not so good, there is nothing special in proposing at Eiffel tower, sit there for a day and count proposals. The Good, you are a marriage material girl who can be easily pleased with simple stuff.

dragoongirl90 34

Ydi for thinking being proposed to on the Eiffel Tower is uncommon.

I'm sure he knew what he was doing, hopefully he'll make it up am actually propose

How is that an uncommon proposal???? It's known for being a spot where to propose... When that is said, your BF clearly trolled you. He must've known what you expected. Sorry OP ;)

i once smoked at 7800ft and man that was the best thing :D

Uncommon proposal. Eifel tower? Goddamn they probably don't have 3 hours without one up there.