By pookie99 - 17/06/2011 02:17 - United States

Today, I went to sell my wedding rings, due to the fact that I'm getting divorced from a man who cheated on me. The jeweler informed me that the stone in my engagement ring is fake. I won't even be able to cover the divorce costs from the proceeds. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 717
You deserved it 5 570

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So he gave you a fake ring AND cheated on you? Wow. This guy is a ******* moron.

Comments

So he gave you a fake ring AND cheated on you? Wow. This guy is a ******* moron.

I don't believe that's your real picture! it's to hot.

dudeitsdanny 9

So.. Leave him borderline bankrupt and use that money.. Morally bankrupt assholes deserve post-divorce bankruptcy, too. Fyl, though. Make him pay for it, literally or otherwise. And check out the FML about the guy with sore balls.

Might as well put that fake crap to work on his car and scratch the shit out of it!

If he cheated, he should be paying for most of the divorce! I hate cheating douche bags. And he didn't even get you a real ring. Not that jewelry, money, or anything like that really matters, it's the thought that counts, but come on dude.

sparkles0103 4

Only if she has proof. That is how it works. OP sorry for your horrible ex.

you should 'ring' his doorbell... get it? ya, you better!

it was funny because of ur pic/name...shovels

get a 2nd opinion just in case the jeweler was trying to buy you off

sourgirl101 28

You might be correct. I've heard of pawn shops/jewelers taking rings in the back to appraise them, switching stones and claiming that the original is fake.(: Oh and I believe the OP lives in a no fault state. Doesn't matter if he cheated or not, everything is divided equally.

lindseyluvszac 4

Cheap ass. I would be PISSED! I know the amount spent on the ring does not indicate how much he loves you, BUT I think it shows that your worth a $1000 + ring :)

That's sad he played you twice. Get him back!!

Definitely you're not the Lord of the Ring. Good luck in your next marriage. Hopefully you learned the most important thing: Material values, like expensive rings, weddings, dressing etc don't translate to an happy marriage.