By blehhh - 04/04/2009 03:10 - United States

Today, I went to see my gynecologist. She was writing my symptoms up in my chart on her computer. After a little while, I noticed that she had a confused look on her face and was reading something instead. When I took a peek at the computer screen, I saw that she was Googling my symptoms. FML
I agree, your life sucks 98 233
You deserved it 4 577

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I've been to 2 different doctor's that searched my problem on wikipedia and then printed the page out for me.

We can see you were first, Fidelis, you have a little #1 to the left of the date and time. And to the OP, I hear that that's not too uncommon, which is really sad, but true.

Comments

baffledking042 0

That's actually really common. I mean it's really no different than looking through medical journals just faster and with a computer.

Quinnjamin 0
meddude 0

#58: please don't judge the entire medical community by your bad luck with doctors. i for one would certainly appreciate that. #56: i somewhat agree with you. noone can remember every single thing they are taught. that's just impossible. however, the gyno shouldn't have consulted Google unless he or she was looking for a specific reputable location. there is a large amount of false information on there. there are medical reference books for this sort of situation. to the OP: there are some rare combinations of symptoms that can prove rather perplexing. i agree the physician should not have used Google, but keep in mind a doctor cannot know the answer to every problem, no matter how hard he or she tries. i'm sure the same is true for whatever your occupation is.

jayhawk63 0

What's wrong down there that your "symptoms" are obscure enough to be googled? Since we don't know what you were there for, its very possible that she had never dealt with whatever it is you were seeing her for. I would have been worried if you were there for a routine exam and she was googling...

dreams_infinity_fml 0

lol. my doctor once asked me to step outside of his office and sit in the waiting area after i explained my symptoms to him. After 10 minutes he calls me back and precedes to explain to me what I had from a book.

Time to find a new gynecologist....

xsydbabyx 0

Of course she was! Google is srs bsnz. - S.

Rofl, in defense of the doctor, I do this at work also. then again I'm a tech support guy not a doctor lol