By rmonk - 24/02/2016 13:13 - United States - Naperville

Today, I went to my required district science fair with my project about gliders and was a bit unprepared in terms of personal knowledge on the science behind gliders. I was hoping I would get a judge who didn't know a lot about aerodynamics. One of my judges was a glider pilot. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 693
You deserved it 22 922

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I hate to be rude but how did you do a science project and still know little on the subject?

Steve97 32

YDI why even bother if you were unprepared?

Comments

I hate to be rude but how did you do a science project and still know little on the subject?

I'm not saying OP cheated but at the same time plagiarism is a thing. Finished project; no knowledge.

If you're good enough you can try to bullshit your way through it. Lol

@2: Yeah, that seems confusing to me too. Isn't that the whole point of those science fair projects?

All of OPs research was about gliding birds into pigs, probably.

Do you not have to study the subject in order to do a project about it?

You must have wanted to jump off a building out of sheer mortification. You would have a great opportunity to study aerodynamics then.

Steve97 32

YDI why even bother if you were unprepared?

I agree on the YDI but "required" is right in the FML

Yeah it's not like he could have skipped it since it is required

I mean, when I was in elementary and middle school when hey forced you into that crap, most people just half assed it or their parents did it for them.

isnobodyhere 32

Maybe next time you'll do a topic you actually are knowledgeable about

SmittyJA24 26

Judges of scholastic science fairs are not randomly gathered or assigned. Be prepared next year.

trellz17 19

Seems pointless to pick a topic and not want to do any research on it. But, I have been unprepared for things in the past, so I know how you feel.

Only that kid who doesn't wipe his ass has a better logic than you.

Well, OP, you only have one option: make things up. "The properties of aerodynamics are largely determined by the material in motion and the number of propulsion elves in the air. Propulsion elves have a fear of air, so the thinner the atmosphere, the more elves there will be, and the less air drag the moving object will experience. At certain speeds, the elves can push an object no faster, and we call this terminelf velocity."

Thank you very much for this; I have a test on this crap tomorrow.