By psychic parents, how do they work? :( - 31/07/2013 22:49 - United States - Effingham

Today, I went to my dad, hoping to confess something to him. He quickly said that if I'd got my girlfriend pregnant, he'd kill me. That's exactly what happened. I had to make up a lie instead about stealing $50 from his wallet once as a kid, which he then demanded I pay back in full. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 697
You deserved it 47 488

Same thing different taste

Top comments

JoeGrant 12

You should just tell him. Deal with the consequences like a man.

Maybe he will accept a new born child in exchange for the fifty dollars..?

Comments

Bunny21 11

Man if you think your dad's the bad part wait til you have to talk to your gf's parents. This is the time to get ALL of your shit together, good luck OP!

you were man enough to make a baby. be lan enough to tell him. and he can't kill you. afterall, he once knocked someone up too.

Welcome to the joys of parenting, it's....great.

You sound very young if you are still afraid of your father yelling at you, 100% you deserved it. Unfortunately this is F the babys life, it seems as though it will have 2 children for parents. If you dont feel you are prepared to raise this child please do the responsible thing and give it to a family who desprately want a baby and next time use a condom if this is still not an outcome you desire.

AtomicDiamond87 15

OP I hope you tell your dad soon...the longer you wait the worst it'll be...

OP Ik you're scared but lying isn't going to get anywhere. You know you made a mistake but don't make another by lying and making it worst. You need to tell him the truth and take responsibility. There's no turning back. Things happen and you have to live with it.

xblaine 17

That's gonna comeback and bite you in the ass.

GwylaFelidae 7

I am wondering why no one has brought up the option of abortion. This will sound really bitchy of me, but there are too many children being born and being left to the system for adoption that don't actually get adopted. It is sad the life that most of those children live through. What really needs to happen with OP is that he needs to get his girlfriend, her parents, and his parents all in one room and discuss the various options that they have and take the one best suited for everyone. That is the best way it can be dealt with, and the only way he can "man-up".

While it's certainly an option, abortion is the mother's decision and hers alone. No woman should ever be forced to abort a child that she wants to have.

While I am myself 100% pro-choice and would absolutely raise abortion as an option here, no one else has yet because: 1) that will start a huge debate which will close down the comments section and 2) As 46 pointed out, it is absolutely the mother's decision, not OP's. If that what she decides, he needs to be a man and hold her hand before and after the procedure. If not, he needs to be a bigger man and step up to the plate. If she wants to put it up for adoption, he still needs to help her during the pregnancy. Either way, not his call.

Abortion should be illegal. Its awful. When i was younger, my gf got pregnant and had an abortion. I broke up with her cuz she murdered my child.

I was very happy that no one had, because I don't think murder isn't an actual option. A baby is a person no matter what anyone tries to tell themselves. God says babies are a gift and he doesn't like you aborting something so precious. It's a sad day when you rebuke the gift, returning the soul to the sender. God help us.

GwylaFelidae 7

#'s 49 and 46, you both make very valid points. It is very much the mother's choice, and all I was saying is that it is an option. My main point that I was trying to make was that all the patents, OP and his girlfriend needed to sit down and discuss all options. This is more about taking responsibility for one's actions. Not being able to talk to his father, OP has shown that he may not be ready for the responsibility of a new life. I only hope the mother receives the support she will need regardless of her choice.

ViviMage 38

I'd abort myself if the parents were not ready to take on this challenge or they have a realistic medical concern. I WAS a baby considered for abortion myself! My grandfather died at 3 months in, which stressed my mom almost into a miscarriage. My cousin got a girl pregnant and the grandmother refused to pay for an abortion or adopt it out. Kyle really hasn't had the best life as an unwanted kid. However, I don't know the age, resources, story, beliefs, etc to make the choice for her.

You think getting an abortion is the ONLY way he can man up? No, he can man up by actually being a father like his baby deserves instead of acting like a little kid who doesn't want to fess up to Daddy.

ViviMage 38

It costs at least $400 to abort. Hospital delivery is $8,000 and I'm sure you'll spend more than $400 on diapers, food, crib, etc. The $50 lie is just the icing here. I wonder what he has the money for. But if he's a man and not just a fertile dick he'll hold the hand of his girl and their child, or her decision to adopt out/abort.