By Anonymous - 09/05/2011 04:37 - United States

Today, I went to my boyfriend's house to give his mother a box of chocolates and flowers for Mother's Day. She just stared at them and said, "What's this for? You're not my daughter, and never will be. But I'll keep the chocolate." FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 874
You deserved it 6 313

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ouch. Marry him and then you can scream "WELL YOU'RE MY MOTHER IN-LAW NOW BITCH"... Actually don't do that.

Comments

SlyTail 5

Just say 'Im pregnant.' That'll shut her up.

DaveOnDope 4

That's near what I'd say. Tell her that grandmothers count too. Then ask if you and her son can live with her after you guys get married.

Well, you did drug her chocolates, didnt you? That's what you're supposed to do with mother-in-law chocolates!!

SpectSelf 0

why are people becoming more rude these days?

They're not, you just don't hear about the nice ones.

CateXOX 0

It's like how 95% of the news today is bad. It doesn't mean there's no good happening, but it does depress everyone a little.

SpectSelf 0

there still is a lot of good peole out there but I can't help but notice all the little things. example, everytime I'm buying groceries and I'm waiting in line, the person in front of me never puts the divider out. that shit is rude! then they leave the grocery carts all over the damn parking lot.

A7X_LoVeee 10

Uhh if the person is in front of you then YOU should be the one to put the divider out. I don't see how that classifies as rude though...

SpectSelf 0

so I should reach all the way in front of somebody to grab something that's closer to them?

Gallaghers 0

The cashier is suppose to push the dividers all the way to the beginning of the conveyer belt, so really it would be rude of the front person to reach behind them, over all your food and put something that your closer too. If that is your biggest problem with society, you have some serious issues and it appears you may have some anger management problems as well.

SpectSelf 0

did I ever say it was a big problem and it made me angry? no. it was just an example of rudeness. my point is if someone has their stuff on the belt and they see me behind them and they ignore the fact that I can't reach the divider, it's rude. besides why would they reach over my food when I haven't placed it on the belt? I don't see your logic.

A7X_LoVeee 10

57 - I don't know what stores you shop at but the ones I go to the dividers are all along the side most of the time. Why should the person in front put a divider behind him/her? That person is already done. You still need to put your things on the belt or whatever so you should be the one to also put the divider down.

SpectSelf 0

it's a nice gesture. you'd be surprised on how people will say thank you when you do it for them. it's like holding doors open for people. you don't have to do it, but it's nice.

SpectSelf 0

and some lines only have 1 divider and it's all the way to the front of the cashier so I can't put my stuff down until I get all the way to the front, or until I have to ask the person in front of me.

god talking about groceries and food is making me hungry..... thabks :|

SpectSelf 0

yeah me too. I'm cooking right now lol

nastag 10

You don't have to put a divider every time, just leave some space between your groceries and the groceries of the person in front of you. If the cashier is about to count your groceries as the other persons you can always politely correct him/her.

Awh, this sucks because you can't even go to your boyfriend because they never yell at their mothers. FYL

Should have said, "If I'll never be your daughter you'll never have my chocolate" and snagged it back. In all seriousness, tell your man. If he really cares about you he'll talk to that crazy bi- I mean his mom.

CateXOX 0

Welcome to the family! And she is right, but she didn't have to be so rude about it.

DarkHelmet 10

You should marry him now just to **** up her day