By Rhyno - 05/05/2009 15:37 - United States

Today, I went to meet my girlfriends parents for the first time. I accidentally drove past their house the first time, but saw the whole family outside waiting to meet me. I pulled a U-Turn and heard a thud. The whole family watched me run over their dog. FML
I agree, your life sucks 478
You deserved it 97

Rhyno tells us more.

To explain a bit more in detail, I pulled a U-Turn and the dog ran out of the yard and boom... It was a medium sized dog, I drive an SUV and didn't see it as I was making the turn. I didn't even know they had a dog... haha The following 20 minutes were probably the most uncomfortable of my life, after I knew the dog was fine I kinda laughed nervously and left. "Hi I'm the guy who is dating your daughter, sorry about the dog"... Live and you learn.

Top comments

Ouch!! Not a good first impression one bit! I'm sorry!!

How is making out with your significant other somehow worse then KILLING THE FAMILY PET? You got some priority issues, man.

Comments

That really sucks but i'm assuming the dog did not make it but its possible you never said it died, but its a possibility just throwing it out there but either way it sucks bad

Ok, just so everyone knows, It originally said "I accidentally drove past they're house" So that is where the grammar police came in.

jdkfgkjdfb 0

That's good the dog is fine. But they should hold their dog back when a car is coming, and you should check your mirrors. #26: If you run over something, don't back over it unless you're absolutely certain there's no hope. Because he could have just broken its leg for all we know.

To explain a bit more in detail, I pulled a U-Turn and the dog ran out of the yard and boom... It was a medium sized dog, I drive an SUV and didn't see it as I was making the turn. I didn't even know they had a dog... haha The following 20 minutes were probably the most uncomfortable of my life, after I knew the dog was fine I kinda laughed nervously and left. "Hi I'm the guy who is dating your daughter, sorry about the dog"... Live and you learn.

happyfingers 15

Well at least since the doggy is okay they can't fault you too much for it. If you'd have killed it you would always be the guy who killed their dog. But really, they shouldn't have been letting the dog run free anywhere near a car. So it's not really your fault as much as theirs. Keep the dog inside and that kind of thing won't happen. :P

I say it isn't the OP's fault. Dogs aren't supposed to be in the middle of the street -_- If it was a pedestrian or bike rider, then maybe I'd be like "wtf," but dogs are low to the ground and stupid. I have a dog, and I know that I couldn't blame a driver if my dog ran into the middle of the street and got hit. I could only blame that on myself.

...Or the dog for being dumb enough to run in front of a moving car.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! wait, it depends what kind of dog. Siberian husky = NOOO Pug or Chuhaua = YESS