By callalilley - 10/04/2015 16:42 - United States - Sewell

Today, I went to class to take an important final for which I studied all week long and worked hard in class. Today, the teacher also told us that anyone who had an A did not have to take the final. I missed out on a trip to the Bahamas for this. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 820
You deserved it 3 475

callalilley tells us more.

Hey guys! OP here! It stunk not going on vacation. From the beginning, we ALL thought we had to take the final. In the syllabus it said it was worth 30% of our grade. He's a new professor and this is a psychology class. I guess some type of experiment??? I was so mad, but I still have a 3.8 GPA to prove for it!!!

Top comments

My mom always said good grades are their own reward. But then again, she has never been to the Bahamas.

Ouch op. Atleast you know you're smart enough! I think some people would give up a trip to get an A.

Comments

xxlinneamxx 17

Look on the bright side, now you can watch your classmates suffer as a trade off.

Education will give you the tools the make vacations, don't worry op the paychecks you will get from getting As in the future will be much better than a trip to the Bahamas!

yes! continue your life with the same dedication that it took to get that A and you can take many trips to the Bahamas... or wherever you want. Thumbs up for capitalism!!

Although this is true. Not everyone gets the opportunity to go to the Bahamas, let alone more than one chance. So op could very well be missing out on something he may never get a chance to experience, or, if he does get a chance, won't be for another 10+ years.

therealjc_fml 14

The Bahamas aren't going anywhere....keep kicking ass in school!

Just think. Good grades= Good College = Good job = More money and even more vacation opportunities for you.

Yeah, after those student loan bills, and the job market for people without lots of experience... I'd not count on it.

Im just attempting to make OP feel better. Thanks captain buzz kill.

sure you missed a trip to Bahamas but I see a gentleman in the making so keep working hard. You got a bright future, brighter than Bahamas!

gintwinsmoore 20

you'll be rewarded in so many ways after you graduate...many opps for even better trips in your future!!!!

There will always be another opportunity

anonyi 14

lol that sucks op definite yls.

guaranteed this was discussed in the beginning of the semester and/or on the syllabus. pay attention and please do not have children.

19990231 29

25 - howabout YOU never have children do you dont raise and assuming twat

25, there's a good chance it was never mentioned anywhere before. And if it was, what does that have to do with op having kids. "Oh no, you didn't read the entire syllabus and somehow missed that line, better not have kids or you'll damage them"??

ACTUALLY in the syllabus it said it was 30% of the grade. I DID read it, hence the reason I showed up and studied.