By callalilley - 10/04/2015 16:42 - United States - Sewell

Today, I went to class to take an important final for which I studied all week long and worked hard in class. Today, the teacher also told us that anyone who had an A did not have to take the final. I missed out on a trip to the Bahamas for this. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 820
You deserved it 3 475

callalilley tells us more.

Hey guys! OP here! It stunk not going on vacation. From the beginning, we ALL thought we had to take the final. In the syllabus it said it was worth 30% of our grade. He's a new professor and this is a psychology class. I guess some type of experiment??? I was so mad, but I still have a 3.8 GPA to prove for it!!!

Top comments

My mom always said good grades are their own reward. But then again, she has never been to the Bahamas.

Ouch op. Atleast you know you're smart enough! I think some people would give up a trip to get an A.

Comments

I bet they said that earlier in the semester also and you didn't pay attention, I know all my professors that have that policy state it at the start.

OP just frigen said that everyone thought they had to do it. do you guys not read???

Same thing happened to me when I took a statistics class in college. I wondered why the room was so empty the night of the final. So when I approached the professor for my exam he said you're exempt: A. Wish I had known sooner because I would not have had to waste the time and subway fare to make it to the class.

Hats off to you for your hard work! ^^ Don't worry OP, you'll get to go on LOADS of vacations if you keep working hard like this!

Why would you even consider a vacation while the semester hasn't finished the the first place?

Perhaps OP's family or friends had organised the holiday, then OP couldn't go (well, thought s/he couldn't go) because of the final. In that case, not really OP's fault.

The A grade exemption isn't uncommon. You should have known this.

This even applies in highschool, if you have an A, you don't have to take the test, if you have an A what's the point in studying if you know all the material anyways? You deserve it for being an idiot

MzZombicidal 36

You're a dumbass. I truly hope you don't think every single school ever has the same "policy" OP is in COLLEGE. A lot of college professors don't give a **** how high school treated you. They do shit their own way. Hence this ******* FML. Pot, meet kettle.

The_madmax 23

#88 You're a ******* moron.

I would've been pissed. Congratulations on your A.

Shadow9876 19

You deserve it because you have an awesome grade, so I don't really see how missing a trip would make your life suck.