By Anonymous - 16/11/2012 23:59 - United Kingdom - Eastbourne

Today, I went to a big job interview. Everything went well at first, with the interviewer being impressed by my CV. I was then interrogated over not having a Facebook account, and practically accused of being a criminal, because people without them "always have something to hide". FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 683
You deserved it 1 925

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well, what are you trying to hide? On a more serious note, if they're that suspicious, you might not want to work with them anyway.

Well, that sucks a tonne, Facebook is overrated anyway.

Comments

jarockstar27 10

I dont think there is anything wrong with not having a facebook account. You just want to keep your life private and thats your right

Of course there's nothing wrong with not having a FB account, nor is there a lot wrong with having one if you apply common sense. Sadly some people don't - heard of too many bloggers and social network users loosing their jobs for saying something critical that gets back to their employer.

It's so the company can keep tabs on what you're up to every single minute of the day. So when they call you into work on your day off they know what you're really up to so you can't say no or make up a lie.

Think it's more a case of seeing if you post drunken pictures every weekend (and therefore are likely unreliable on a Monday) or post critical comments about previous employers/etc. From what I've heard of the practice, they don't retain passwords (or expect you to change passwords afterwards). Could be wrong though, that's just the impression I got. Nasty,practice and I'd tell em to go to hell, despite my FB account being utterly clean.

IceColdSnow 11
doglover100 28

Nothing wrong with not having a Facebook.

I got a FB profile because my graduate school adviser warned us that employers often think something is wrong with people who don't have FB profiles, that they're anti-social or something.

perdix 29

Don't lie. You have one with a fake name. I hope you chose a better fake name than I did. I thought I'd be clever and make a Facebook using the name Charles Manson. No one wants to "friend" me and no one wants to be in my Family. People "poke" me with sharpened sticks and shivs.

Quest_ 13

I feel a disproportionately large rage towards commenters describing FB as 'addicting'. Godammit. Is a mirror 'reflecting' or reflective?

Meow_Bitches 7

WTF? That's ridiculous, shows how crappy our society is! Blehh :/// Well, I don't have a FB account and I'm proud to actually have some secrecy added to my life unlike many others of this generation and world...