By averagepromedio - 28/08/2010 08:41 - United States

Today, I went over to my boyfriend's house to break up with him. After I left his house, I realized that my cell phone had fallen out of my pocket and onto his couch, where I had forgotten it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 088
You deserved it 18 216

averagepromedio tells us more.

Okay people, I guess I forgot to add at the end, "The wait at his front door while he got it for me was extremely awkward." Sheesh. And yes, I am very thankful that a couple of 18 year olds can actually be mature enough to handle a breakup well. I did it in person, and when I forgot my phone, he didn't mess with it, and I went back myself to get it. I found the situation more humorous than anything, so this post wasn't really like whining, just kind of like "Hmm, of all times something like this could happen, it just so happened to be the time I broke up with him. That sort of sucks, but it's a good story."

Top comments

r6_fml 4

You had the courage to go over and break up with him now get the courage to go back in and get your phone.

Comments

atleast she broke up with him IN PERSON

I don't understand why people are being so "ydi", BECAUSE you broke up with him? What?! I could totally imagine it be weird and awkward to have to go back, and say something that hasn't anything to do, with the two of you. Especially since you "manned" up and did in person, at his house. I feel with you. Even though it seems like you thought the situation a bit more.. ironic than "sucky". xD .

props to you for breaking up with him in person

I don't get why everyone is so hard on OP for breaking up with her boyfriend. Sometimes you realize that it just doesn't work anymore. Breaking up doesn't always have to do with wanting to hurt the other person for crying out loud. People change and when at one point you realize that you're not compatible anymore it's more humane to end it then to prolong it and maybe fight a lot and feel miserable all the time. Good for you OP that you did it in Person and that both of you are obviously more mature about it then loads of people are on this side!