By Anonymous - 20/03/2013 17:38 - United States - Kalamazoo

Today, I went out to Applebees with a girl I like and a group of friends. Someone asked if the girl and I were dating. She instantly replied with a bit of disgust "What? No way, never!" It would have been nice to know before paying for the last ten or so dates we went on. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 336
You deserved it 5 673

Iceman226 tells us more.

The dates were actual dates, she knew it. We had cuddle and make-out sessions as well. After that night I talked with her on where things were going. Turns out she still has feelings for her Ex overseas (there in a complicated relationship so technically it's not even her Ex) and she was just using me because she got "lonely." I'll admit that I deserved some of what I got as I was ignorant and blinded but it still sucks. Oh, haha, she says I'm one of her best friends and she still wants to be friends. Seriously FML

Top comments

It's hard to know whether this is a YDI or not depending on circumstances. On these ten "dates", did she give you reason to believe you're more than friends? If so, then yeah, FYL.

chelsearenaeee 16

Comments

Fyl if you were genuinely being nice but YDI if you were trying to buy her affection

Call me old fashion but I was brought up to pay for a date. I don't pay if it is a casual thing though or if she decides to treat me.

I really hope you made her pay for everyone that time.

She's defiantly a ***** using you for food and movies.

You are so pretty wow can I have your facebook or something? You are gorgeous! I'm 23 in Las Vegas, and I'm not ugly as far as I know lol

Man up OP and make a move by the second date next time, and asses the situation!

Maybe she just didn't want others to know.

egghead1280 6

YDI for eating at Applebee's

FYL. Proof applebees is a bad place.. Every time I used to go there their food made me Ill. I won't go back because my recent visit, a poor guy was walking in with his family and dropped of a heart attack on the steps. The hostess kept seating people on the second level while a fireman who was off duty was trying to work on him, and while EMTs were.

Kn0wledge123 21

Yo I been there before, son. Take this as a lesson learned. Next time, let her know your intentions on the FIRST date. I know sometimes it's just implied when you're going on a date anyway, but laying it out there would be best for everyone. Especially seeing this situation after 10 dates and possibly hundreds of dollars spent. Even if it was never clear, she still a bitch for saying something like that. All you can do now is move on bruh. Fugitaboutit (Italian mobster voice)

LlamaAlana 6

Did any of these other ten "dates" involve all your other friends tagging along?

The dates were actual dates, she knew it. We had cuddle and make-out sessions as well. After that night I talked with her on where things were going. Turns out she still has feelings for her Ex overseas (there in a complicated relationship so technically it's not even her Ex) and she was just using me because she got "lonely." I'll admit that I deserved some of what I got as I was ignorant and blinded but it still sucks. Oh, haha, she says I'm one of her best friends and she still wants to be friends. Seriously FML

So she said you were best friends yet made out? Leave, leave while you still can!

Get. The hell out. Now. Run for your life bro!!

keeping her as a friend will only hurt you. She's trying to keep you around for selfish reasons. I'll say this only once: RUN.

would you really want to have someone like that as a friend ?knowing that they would only be using you.

shoulda blurted out "that's not what you were saying while going down on me the other night" you woulda looked like a total ass granted but her friends would have definitely taken a second look at what she was doing to you.

so what I gather is she is still with her "ex" that is overseas?! I sure hope It isn't a soldier. You might be a dead man.

You need to date someone who's actually available. I would stay away from her even if she wants to be friends. Just for now because that's an awkward situation & clearly, you don't want to meet her soldier boyfriend. There are other chicks in the sea, you gotta make yourself available for them.

I agree!! Friends don't use each other like a boyfriend when they need it, then go back to normal. Not real friends, anyway. She'd have some clue you were interested and give a crap. She used your feelings against you. Sorry. Sucks the good guys always end up being treated like crap.

Dude, just walk away from this. Don't be friends with her, I'm sure everyone will tell you the same...

Kn0wledge123 21

My nigga, she used the "I'm so lonely" on you?? Yeah leave her alone bruh. She's def a bitch and is only gonna hurt you more. Turn down her friendship offer and tell her she's a bad person and you don't need that in your life. Check & mate.

Get out and stay away! It sounds like that's your plan already; stick to it! You'll be far better off than being around this chick. Now you know that she strays when she gets lonely. You don't want to put up with that!

In this situation, I would've preferred nothing.

I hope it doesn't work out that way for him. Its her issue and the overseas boyfriend should take it up with her alone. I'll never understand why people go after the outsider when their significant other cheats. They don't have anything to do with it. Its an issue between the people cheating/being cheated on, not the person that was used in the cheating.

Jesus. ..I only pay for first or second...10...wtf ? don't let any women drag u along like that

They're(as in they are) in a complicated relationship. Not there(as in over there). Just FYI so you don't look ignorant next time.

How incredibly selfish of her, and I understand how heart breaking this can be. Still... I'll be the one to say it. Friends with benefits?

ummm. I would have called her on that ish. and be sure to tell her bf what happened too

Bubbelz 25

No more talking. Just, walk away.

If she was ever your friend, she would not have acted that way. Severe her from your life like a diseased limb.

RUN. NOW. She might come up to you later, feeling guilty and apologizing, asking you to be friends. She is probably just lying, and saying that to ease her own guilt. If you go back, she will only use you for her 'loneliness' again. FYL.

never trust a girl who still talks to her ex

#156 I still talk to my ex and I have no romantic feelings for him whatsoever. I have been with my current boyfriend for a full year. Your point is invalid.

Dude, you kind of deserved it, knowing full well that she has a boyfriend

threer 30

That would be a dick move. Is this why you need to lie about getting some head?

@131 Actually, some guys have more class than that. They don't want a girl to cheat with them against their SO. They don't want to be lied or used, even if they're getting sex; they actually want a serious, healthy long-term relationship (possibly even leading to marriage.) Women aren't the only ones interested in romance, men can be romantics too. Ex: Ted Mosby (How I Met Your Mother)

@156 He wasn't even her ex, she had a complicated long-distance relationship with him. So basically she cheated on him with #110. Exes can still be friends, break-ups/divorces aren't always messy and unhealthy, sometimes they both agree it's just not working out.

Charge her for the dates. Have her pay you back in full for everything you paid for during those dates. Then tell her not to use people just because she's "lonely".

Honey that ain't right you deserve better.