By Anonymous - 20/03/2013 17:38 - United States - Kalamazoo

Today, I went out to Applebees with a girl I like and a group of friends. Someone asked if the girl and I were dating. She instantly replied with a bit of disgust "What? No way, never!" It would have been nice to know before paying for the last ten or so dates we went on. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 336
You deserved it 5 673

Iceman226 tells us more.

The dates were actual dates, she knew it. We had cuddle and make-out sessions as well. After that night I talked with her on where things were going. Turns out she still has feelings for her Ex overseas (there in a complicated relationship so technically it's not even her Ex) and she was just using me because she got "lonely." I'll admit that I deserved some of what I got as I was ignorant and blinded but it still sucks. Oh, haha, she says I'm one of her best friends and she still wants to be friends. Seriously FML

Top comments

It's hard to know whether this is a YDI or not depending on circumstances. On these ten "dates", did she give you reason to believe you're more than friends? If so, then yeah, FYL.

chelsearenaeee 16

Comments

YDI for in TEN DATES not knowing you weren't dating. Have you ever even kissed her?

"you deserved it for not knowing something?" sounds really fair...

CharresBarkrey 15

49 - But in this case it is fair. No one goes on ten dates without showing at least SOME romantic interest. If she didn't show any, OP should've known she was using him.

Even if she thought you two were just friends, she could have mentioned or hinted at it. And, if it was strictly friends to her she could have paid here and there to show her kindness. But, being that rude in front of friends? I mean.. She must have known a little bit that you liked her. Did you try anything? Did you's at least kiss at any point? Even if she does come to you later and tells you she is into you, it's pretty low making you feel like that. I say put that much effort into a girl who is actually going to appreciate it. Or, who at least had the decency to be straight up with you!

ten dates? either u are clueless or shes a tease

Pensu 12

You say "ten dates" and yet refer to her just as a girl you like, on an outing with friends. I feel like you might be using the word "dates" fairly liberally here. Either way, it's crappy of her to mooch off you, but you kind of deserve it if you went in with the mentality of "if I buy this girl things, she owes me her affection!" She's not a prostitute, dude. Buying things for women does not entitle you to a relationship.

Shouldn't have payed the tab for her. & by 10 dates, you should've asked her what her interests with you are. So you wouldn't have had to found out that way.

she sounds like a gold digger and someone who is using you, I hope you don't continue to take her out anymore.

the eternal trap freindzone. sucks bro you wasted money on a no good girl. you proberly felt something she didn't.