By Kn0wledge123 - 26/06/2013 05:27 - United States - Miami

Today, I went out on a date with a girl. Everything was going well until I shared how my family was affected by the 2010 earthquake in Haiti. She immediately got up and left, calling me a liar. Apparently, I'm "too cute" to be of Haitian descent. What the hell? FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 229
You deserved it 3 680

Kn0wledge123 tells us more.

Kn0wledge123 21

OP here. Yeah I did dodge a bullet. ******* moron, that one. I spoke to her the next day and it turns out that she only knew Haiti from the what she saw on CNN. I told her that's ******* stupid and there is no "certain" way to look like an ethnicity. She kept trying to find rationalizations like maybe I was mixed with French or something. Nope. I'm full on darkie. What makes this worse is that she's African American and lives in South Florida. So there's no way she hasn't interacted with Haitians before. I always hear from fellow Haitians that they get this a lot, but its the first time it actually happened to me. For the people asking, my mothers cousin passed in the earthquake and my dads family lost their home. My godsister also passed away. It was not an easy time at all. I'm not sure how the conversation came about with me & her but needless to say, there won't be a second date.

Comments

Well on the plus side, you are cute. And on the other plus side, you didn't waste more time with someone who seem to be an absolute moron. Consider yourself lucky :)

RedEagleEyes 7

Lets see how she'll feel about it when she gets hit by a natural disaster, then she'll come crawling back to you.

jw90 18

Ah ignorance. It could either bliss or just plain idiocy.

"I'm not the one who's so far away When I feel the snake bite into my veins" Put a Voodoo curse on her! :P I grew up going to Haiti every summer and Creole was my very first language learnt.(: Whenever I talk to my friends about Haiti, they always picture the horrors of the place and never realize the beauty of being on a tropical island! I guess the media only show the negative sides of being down town. Shame!

Sinistra_Blue 12

Ah! I just had that song in my head. It was playing on the radio in my car. And I don't really understand the whole 'too cute for Haitian' thing because I have a couple friends from Haiti and they look fine.

Kn0wledge123 21

**** the media, bruh. I went to Jacmel last year and its one of the most gorgeous places on Earth.

elmateo_fml 9

yea the media tries to make everywhere else look like shit, my friend from Thailand hates the Hangover 2 because of its negative stereotype of Bangkok

be happy she left op you don't want that in your kids gene pool

Really, FHL for being so, so, IDK, stupid or ignorant aren't strong enough words.

A little deep for a first date, don't you think? Though it doesn't say specifically it was the first... Still, how incredibly rude and racist!

So basically today you were too cute for your date....what a terrible life you have.