By Kewl_Kat - 24/07/2014 23:24 - United States - Townshend

Today, I went on a date with an extremely cute girl. About 30 minutes in, she excused herself to the restroom. I waited for about 20 minutes, then I got up and left. About 10 minutes later, she called asking where I was. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 798
You deserved it 14 444

Kewl_Kat tells us more.

UPDATE: We cleared it up, and are currently planning a second date. Turns out she wasn't feeling well. It all ended up working out c:

Top comments

You could've told her you went to the bathroom too :D!

Comments

I'm sure it turned out ok, it seems pretty understandable to leave after you thought you got ditched.

askullnamedbilly 33

Who on earth spends half an hour in the bathroom while they're on a date? That girl either has a medical problem or needs to check her priorities.

Or she really, really needed to go and there was a huge line. Not that uncommon.

Or she needed to take bathroom selfies

24- that depends where they were. If they were at a concert or some other big event with huge crowds, then yes. But I've never had to wait in line more than maybe a few minutes at a restaurant or theatre, so if they were out to dinner and /or a movie and she disappeared for half an hour I would think she had ditched him too.

Epikouros 31

Maybe she was checking FML.

Bathroom etiquette differs for male and females OP, with the latter being more complicated. Back in my day, such trips to the bathroom could result in a camping trip. Patience is key OP, as long as they keep supplying breadsticks.

There may have been a line for the bathroom... Women's restrooms often have a wait in restaurants. In any case, it was a long wait so I don't know what he should have done.

You should always wait 30 minutes, That's the rule.

It sounds like you're speaking from experience. Does this happen to you frequently?

Nope, Not even once. Although to be fair I have been with my girlfriend for a while so I may be out of touch with the Singletons these days

You should've waited just a bit longer, or when she called pretended that you went into the bathroom too

91hayek 31

Because extremely cute girls don't poop? Well at least she called you - shows that she must have been enjoying your company.

It's just that most people don't take 20 plus minutes, man or woman, cute or ugly.

ostfaiz 18

but why you left without informing her, she was cute Op

Most likely the OP thought that she had abandoned them. Oh, and cuteness does not determine patience, nor does it determine the worth of someone.