By Ella - 29/05/2012 05:14 - United States

Today, I went on a 7-hour plane flight. For 3 hours I had a bloody nose. When it finally stopped, I sneezed. It started to bleed again. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 527
You deserved it 2 118

Same thing different taste

Comments

****, I hate nosebleeds. Mine used to be natural, but now it's caused by my tablets for ADHD. It dries up the vein in my nose and it's prone to cracking. I had the vein burnt, so if they are a problem for you, you should get the operation. Has anyone had those nosebleeds where if you block one nostril, it comes out the other? And when you block both the pressure builds in your head? I hate those.

itzNaynay 0

A 3-hour nosebleed? You should probably see a doctor about that.....

3 hour nosebleed. You need to see a doctor and get that checked out if it is the first time that it was that long.

Rainbowbright99 4

Stop digging for gold! That's what most nosebleeds are caused by.

They sell a thing called nasal cease at cvs, it works great. My mom gets arterial nose bleeds and has had to go to the ER twice, but the nasal cease has worked for her since she found them. Try it :)

You should see a doctor. Three hours of blood loss is NEVER a good thing!

Never? Guess I should see a doctor about my bloody ******.

Lol sounds like he needs to focus on growing a brain, not ovaries

Today, I had to sit next to a guy on a long haul flight who's nose was bleeding the entire time, I have a severe phobia of blood. FML

Here's what you do (seriously): 1) Blow your nose really hard. That will help remove any clots keeping the wound in your nose open. You usually know you got it when you see what looks like a chunk of blood and mucus. 2) Tilt your head forward and pinch the bridge of your nose. DO NOT TILT IT BACK! That can cause blood to go into your stomach an lungs. You want it to have a place to escape from. 3) Keep pinching your nose - this will cause a clot to CLOSE the wound. It usually takes about 10 minutes to do this. 4) Put Neosporin up your nose. The antibiotics in it will kill any germs from the wound and the gel form it is in will keep your nose from drying out and causing another nose bleed. If you don't have that, you can use petroleum jelly, but it won't kill germs. 5) Use a simple nasal spray on a daily basis. It will keep the inside of your nose moist and help prevent more bleeds. Nosebleeds are a bitch and I get than whenever the weather changes. I know how to deal. Good luck.

Except for step 1 (which is unnecessary and potentially will restart any bleeding that's already stopped), this is excellent advice.

BlackBlazeCobra 16

Actually, I do step one all the time. I cough it up instead of blowing it out though, and the bleeding stops instantly.

Once I had an hour long nosebleed, pinching both nostrils shut, and then I blew it. it stopped instantly, and along with about a fistful of bloody mucus.

So... what did the person next to you think?