By Anonymous - 04/06/2009 14:09 - Australia

Today, I went into work and noticed one of my fellow colleagues had a large bunch of flowers on her desk. As soon as I saw her, I immediately said, "Happy Birthday!" Everyone went quiet. It wasn't her birthday; her father had died. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 475
You deserved it 56 757

Same thing different taste

Top comments

More like F you for making assumptions.

Nothing says party like black tulips and red roses.

Comments

pinkbubble96 0

wow thats embarassing.dont make assumtions next time

Way to put the icing on the cake bro

cheese1756 0

I guess that's understandable. 101 woohoo!

elsieenchanted 0

@69: Because flowers usually do signal something good. Flowers = Anniverseries = Happiness. Same with graduations. And my friends gave me flowers on my birthday. You also give them on Valentines Day? And funerals and burial sites, too. So... I mean, flowers can mean Sadness, but not all the time. Flowers usually mean love, though. But it can be happiness or sadness too. Flowers can mean anything. So people saying "YDI because flowers don't mean happiness," acctaully they can. They can mean happiness, sadness, love, and alot more. You can never know what the reason is when there are flowers. Flowers are quite populaur. And with gifts, you usually don't get them when people die. Sometimes, but not all the time. The OP couldn't have known.

Uber_G33k 0
tradit03 0

Anybody could have made that error.

meddude 0

well that was stupid of you. flowers without any balloons or happy birthday stuff at all probably either mean an intimate gift or condolences. YDI for making assumptions.