By Lady Cuntsnatch of Fallopia - 04/01/2015 01:30 - United States - Yuba City

Today, I went into labor and got my husband drive me to the hospital. Instead of staying by my side, he rushed back home for a World of Warcraft raid. His excuse? His friends were counting on him and they'd be pissed if he let them down. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 250
You deserved it 5 926

Same thing different taste

Top comments

AnOriginalName 19

You can always have another kid. But that WoW raid will never happen again.

Comments

And now it's time for a shutdown of accounts

Divorce him! If he is this way during Such an important milestone in both your lives.. And u let him get away with that crap, he will only get worse!

He never thought I cant let my wife down she's having a freaking baby!? Priorities man priorities!

That's my boyfriends excuse every single day..

What 152 said!!! Girl, what are you still doing with him!?? Reality check- It doesn't change!

All these people crying divorce are ridiculous. Yes, what he did was shitty. Is there a valid excuse? Maybe, but probably not. Holy shit, people. It's not like he murdered someone. If everyone got divorced because of crappy decisions and dumb mistakes, no one would be married. Instead of totally blaming and leaving, how about they talk it out? If it becomes a habitual problem after seeking every avenue to rectify the situation, then sure, I understand that is a better grounds for divorce. I hope to the high heavens all you crazy asshats never get married.

sammieshortcake 15

I said it may be cause for divorce and I'm happily married. My husband and I have 2 kids and the birth is one of the most important days of your life. She had to go through everything alone. I couldn't forgive him for choosing not to be there.

Goth_Hawk 28

She should've seen this coming, and never married him to begin with.

91- I agree that they should talk it out before OP considers divorce. As long as this was a one time thing, I don't think it's something to get a divorce over, especially now that they have a child. But surely you can see that leaving your wife while she's giving birth to your child to go and play a game is a big ******* no-no.

As I said, it was a shitty thing to do. I didn't condone it in the least. I would be livid of my husband did the same thing. But I wouldn't divorce him over it. Everyone makes bad decisions but that doesn't necessarily make them bad people. There's no excuse for what he did but having people readily yell divorce without giving the guy time to own up and attempt to fix his problem is asinine and shows what a poor state we live in.

As a guild leader in Warcraft.. What the hell?? While we love raiding we emphasize that real life is always more important than the game - even if we are in the middle of a raid. I'm amazed that there are people out there who think the opposite, and I'm so sorry you had to go through that alone. The priority should be obvious! Congrats to you on your baby :)

KhaleesiDannie 26

This gives gamers bad names my husband is a gamer I am a video dame(10x cooler than gamer girl) and we love to game together but he would never ever do this

I'm guessing he didn't care that you would be let down that he wasn't there for you!

That sucks, i am sure his guild would of understood if he gave them a chance. RL always comes first. Congrats! on your new lvl 1 Human btw