By Missusluv313 - 17/09/2012 11:25 - United States - Merrillville

Today, I went for my follow-up appointment with my surgeon. He walked into the room and said, "I thought you died." FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 383
You deserved it 1 973

Missusluv313 tells us more.

Hello everyone! Yes, he was joking. I just didn't find that shit funny. And he actually is a good doctor. But to make up for it, he gave me extra time off from work. I don't think he would do that to/for everybody, but I work at that hospital.

Top comments

I'd like more info as to why he thought you died. XD

Well, Congratulations on not dying!! :)

Comments

Someone doesn't know about reincarnation...

"I didn't die. I temporarily ceased biological function and...you know what? **** this, I'm a zombie. BRIAN--I mean, BRAINS!!!"

SApprentice 34

Doctors are allowed to make the occasional joke. He couldn't have been serious about it.

felah17 6

Is your doctor,DocBastard,by any chance?

Hello everyone! Yes, he was joking. I just didn't find that shit funny. And he actually is a good doctor. But to make up for it, he gave me extra time off from work. I don't think he would do that to/for everybody, but I work at that hospital.

What was the surgery for, if you don't mind me asking?

Congratulations on your survival, OP! The joke's awkward wording made me wonder if he was looking at the wrong patient's chart. (Happened to me, once.) He may have given you the extra time to err on the safe side, and avoid admitting that.

Maybe he's a time traveler, and had grabbed a copy of your chart he'd brought back from the future. "Why don't you take the rest of your life--err, I mean the rest of the week off?"

I don't think this is an fml if you know he was joking. I think this is more of a get-a-sense-of-humor.

skyeyez9 24

"I am dead. I'm gonna eat your braaaiiins."

Maybe it was his way of "breaking the tension"! My doctors are horrible at it, but yet they just KEEP trying...! haha