By EpicFailAtItsFinest - 13/04/2009 02:49 - United States

Today, I was working as a lifeguard. A woman began to have a seizure. Nervous, I went into shock and walked into a tree, knocking myself out. Post seizure, the woman stood up and walked away. Later, I woke up in the hospital. The ambulance had arrived to take her, but ended up taking me instead. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 504
You deserved it 19 518

Same thing different taste

Top comments

"Today, I had a seizure. I thought the lifeguard would save me but turns out they managed to knock themself out because they panicked. The ambulance took them to hospital, forgetting about me. FML" Poor woman.

Comments

I have lifeguard training, as I work with kids at a pool. It's normal to be nervous when something happens, but to "walk" into a tree and knock yourself out? First of all, you must be missing the front part of your skull in order to be knocked out from "walking" into a tree. More like you freaked out and ran, breaking another rule of a pool area that you probably had to yell at kids about thirty times a day. Any real lifeguard training would have taught you how to confidently handle the situation, and most importantly (as you can't really stop a seizure, just minimize the damage to the person) control the crowd's reaction. So either you were trained really badly, or you're a sucky lifeguard. Oh, and another point, you didn't "go into shock". That's a physiological reaction to extreme stress, say, being a victim in a horrific car accident. Not seeing someone else have a seizure. So double fail.

fail_truck 0

Like the rest of the people who have commented: OP, GET THE F*** OUT OF THE LIFEGUARD BUSINESS! Going into shock and running around like a chicken with your retarded head cut off INTO A TREE???!! For the sake of other people, quit your job.

fmlsmymiddlename 0

I feel bad for you, but it doesn't sound like you have the makings of a good lifeguard.

I feel bad for you, like that really sucks, but why are you a lifeguard if you go into shock when someone else is like dieing? A new job maybe ?

Hey I feel bad for you, but a new job is in order. Don't feel bad, it's just not your thing.

how the hell did you knock yourself out by just walking into a tree?

How did you get knocked out just by 'walking' into a tree? You must have been running full speed, trying to head-butt the tree!

Erm...I'm afraid of what might happen if someone was drowning...

Ridley_fml 0

wow good to know some lifeguards out there are totally incompetent for guarding lives. Went into shock and walked into a tree? Are you sure that you aren't retarded?