By Rachael - 30/11/2012 07:29 - Australia

Today, I was woken up by my elderly neighbor banging on my door at 2am. She needed "urgent" assistance as she had forgotten how to turn her TV off. I'd just fallen asleep. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 117
You deserved it 1 876

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Don't be too hard on the elderly. That just might be you one day.

Goddamn remotes are confusing no matter who you are.

Comments

I think I'd probably get frustrated and leave it 'til later in the morning if I were that old lady. Rage quitting and coming back later is often the answer.

But than your sleep would be interrupted by the sound if the tv.... ( if you were that old lady)

17, what if it wasn't the TV in her room but in the living room instead? Who's to say it's even close to her room or if she even has one in her room? Why would it be that loud? Besides, I've slept with my TV on, with an air conditioner, and used to live by train tracks. If I were that old lady, it wouldn't bother me much at all.

I believe that old lady got disturbed by the tv when she tried to sleep because the tv was close to her bed otherwise why would she disturb her neighbor to turn the tv off? Perhaps the tv wasn't close but then she maybe was laying in the bed thinking about it therefore unable to sleep...

77, I think she may have just been awake and was headed to need when she couldn't turn it off. I sleep my TV on occasionally, so I can't relate to what you're trying to say well. I mean, if you turn the TV down they takes care of any noise issues, and I don't think people just lay there thinking "Gosh, I didn't turn my TV off. I think I'm losing sleep over this.

Ok we don't know the truth, only OP and the lady do so discussing this, making presumptions, isn't good. Perhaps you can't relate to the loosing sleep thing but for some of us, like me, can't sleep with the tv on, even if it's in another room. I have an urge to turn electrical stuff odd before I go to sleep but yeah whatever...

Then Go back to sleep after helping her:)

For some of us, it's really difficult to get back to sleep after being awakened.

And in op's case it might be hard as he/she finally fell asleep at 2am.

heyheywaddup 7

Aw at least you helped her! She didn't know!

RedPillSucks 31

At first I thought this said "Get her the clap for christmas" WTF!!!

My dog wakes me up all the time after i have just gotten to sleep.

perdix 29

Yet she remembered where to find you? Old folks' memory is a funny thing. Show her that shooting the TV is a sure-fire way to turn it off.

Help her often, recently in Australia an old woman left her $12 million fortune to the neighbors who were nice to her rather then the family she hated. Will up held in court BTW