By cricketsins - 11/08/2013 07:28 - United States - Smyrna

Today, I was walking along the beach at night with my family. A huge wave came up and knocked me over. When we got to the van, I realized that the keys that had been in my pocket were now in the ocean. Our cell phones, shoes, and money were in the van. We had to walk three miles to our hotel. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 943
You deserved it 6 913

cricketsins tells us more.

OP here! Just to clarify: Waves knock people off their feet easily. We weren't lazy, we just didn't want to walk barefoot through a place covered with broken beer bottles and vomit. We couldn't break the window because the van had an alarm system, plus it was a nice van and we didn't want to harm it - especially if we were perfectly capable of walking to the hotel and dealing with it the next day.

Top comments

At least you didn't drown or something because all those things are replaceable, you are not.

Redoxx_fml 22

Comments

3 miles? Don't act like it's the end of the world OP, sure it sucks but it's not so long. Now get movin!

She had no shoes and it was dark out. Quit being an asshole.

should have the keys on a Lanier around your neck or on a key chain hooked to your belt loop. but that's sucks to be u

Ever hear of smashing the window? You might not be able to drive it but you would have all your stuff

karen1991 15

That's what I was thinking, and use your cell phone to call for help.

Neyuu 18

I would rather walk three miles for free than to smash my window AND pay for replacement keys

TheModernPatriot 14

Bust a window, get a phone, google how to Hotwire whatever model van it is, and fix it later. Problem solved. No need to let it ruin a vaca or make anyone exert that much effort.

jw90 18

You have angered lord Poseidon. You must appease his anger by a sacrificial offering of your closet friends intestines.

Closet friends? I think you need help if you're keeping friends in your closet.. Taking their intestines might warrant mental help too.

When you're on a beach and below the high tide line never Ever EVER! turn your back on the ocean.

lazy americans cant even walk 3miles.. my biggest problem would be to have lost the keys and beeing wet. And spend money to have the car opened.

The problem wasn't walking three miles... It was the fact that we were barefoot in a party vacation town. There was glass and beer bottles everywhere, as well as vomit. It was gross, and probably quite hazardous to our health.

CharresBarkrey 15

Also, just because OP was on vacation in the US doesn't automatically mean they're American. And why the **** would your biggest problem about going to the beach be that you got wet??

Well be thankful it wasnt day time or your feet would be miserable too.

Water you waiting for go look for them....sorry I had to... Depending on how long your trip is you should be able have someone mail you the extra set of for good measure bring them with you...