By Anonymous - 14/01/2015 13:58 - United States - Colorado Springs

Spicy
Today, I was trying on a shirt and asked my boyfriend if he liked it. He replied, "If I say no, can we still have sex tonight?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 346
You deserved it 6 669

Same thing different taste

Comments

He was honest. Some women would withhold sex unless you tell them what they wanna hear. The fact he felt he had to ask to avoid that kinda makes me wonder why he'd be so timid about it in the first place

Catch 22. Sometimes women just want acknowledgement and to be treated special. Sometimes they are just fishing all the time and punish you for not telling them what they want

raviolibutt 6

He should have said no and pointed out another shirt/help you find one you don't have to question. But no...he had to bring sex into this out of nowhere. As if it was the ultimate goal of the day and the reason he's spending time with you shopping. Sigh.

Or because he didn't want to feel punished for being honest...? You also realize that having sex with your partner is a time when you can be intimate with each other, right? If he's asking that question, it's probably more of a proxy for: "If I say no, can we still go home and have a good night together? Or will you be upset for the rest of the evening?"

raviolibutt 6

This is an FML for a reason. I'm well aware of how sex is intimate for couples, everyone knows that. The fact that OP is upset over what he said shows that she didn't appreciate his comment. Bringing up sex for a shirt comment isn't always the way to go.

#40 You're one of those people who have to overanalyse each and every FML aren't you? She probably wrote this FML once she'd gotten over her original irritation and was possibly rolling her eyes and laughing about the whole thing.

WasabiMars 21

#15 I read the FML 10 times and still wonder whether the boyfriend said yes or no. It's as if it's not obvious enough, am I right? The clues has to be there somewhere I just know it. *rolls eyes*

@22 didn't your mom tell you if you keep rolling your eyes and making funny faces it'll get stuck that way ? Side note - I appreciate that blatant sarcasm, so few have it anymore .

Sorry, but if you ask him, you want him to be honest, or not?!

jeffandjeff 22
WasabiMars 21

OP let me enlighten you on your situation. This is a good sign that you're in a good relationship. Honest people are really rare these days.. let along honest partners in a relationship. I know because it took me a few before I myself found a girlfriend who is honest and open.

A man shouldb want his girlfriend, wife or whoever to look good when they go out. Most women i know would be pretty pissed if they had to hear another person comment negative on there outfit, when it could of been prevented by a little honesty.

deet124 11

I think he likes it better when it's off ;)