By Himynameisjacob - 05/01/2010 07:18 - United States

Today, I was told that, although I was sick on the last day before break, they would still accept the 24 page essay that I had written. Tonight, as I went to print it out, I found that my dad had "cleaned up a bit" on my computer, including the documents from last semester. I have school tomorrow. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 564
You deserved it 3 326

Same thing different taste

Top comments

txgirl09 5

What's with parents messing with their kids stuff? What happened to respect for other people's things?

Lucky_Adi 0

why do people do this shit like that? you shouldn't clean out ****** documents or school assignments ever!

Comments

sucks_brah 0

oh goodness!!! i feel for you! i had to write a 25 page paper for bio on stem cell research, and it sucked, a lot. i would cry if i lost it, a lot.

I wish I could vote "you deserved it" on these types 100 times. Back up your files!!! Back up your files!! I work in a computer store and we make tons of money on data recovery because people are too lazy to back up. It's so easy to do and it saves money and headache when something goes wrong down the road. If you don't want to lose something, keep it in two locations!!!

Lesson # 1 when others have access to your PC, password protect your files! it really sucks though, good luck!

Phinehas 0

You might be able to retrieve the file still. Checkout NTFS undelete: http://ntfsundelete.com/ Before you have restored the file keep disk writes to a minimum. Do not defragment the hard drive and do not create any new files or modify existing ones. If you can install NTFS undelete on to a different drive than the document file then by all means do so.

Comentator 0

First off, I'm sure that the parents bought the computer. 2nd I'm sure that they pay the electricity and the mortgage. 3rd learn to back up your stuff, you FAIL.

altaira_fml 0

I'm so glad we didn't have a computer at home when I was at school (my parents are a bit slow on the whole technology thing) - I could totally see my mum doing something like this.

bannanaslug 0

so, instead of working on this issue your on fmylife.com telling us all about it YDI

Dude, you deserve this SO MUCH -- not for forgetting to back up your files or anything but because you waited for all of break to hand in a 24 PAGE PAPER just because you were sick on the last day before break?? HOW OLD ARE YOU? You could have emailed that shit on THE DAY YOU WERE SICK. You're a ******* idiot. Jesus christ, have fun flipping burgers.