By KarolBee - 14/05/2009 06:48 - United States

Today, I was spending time with my boyfriend for our one year anniversary. Trying to be romantic, I told him that I loved him and I was so glad I was with him. He responded by giving me a thumbs-up and turning back to the TV. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 761
You deserved it 6 492

Same thing different taste

Top comments

what a nice boyfriend you have there

#9, they want to be the one that changes them into a nice guy or "saves" them, and most likely, they have daddy issues. Some just like to be with someone difficult or who will control them, because its "cute". Usually, in that last case, it just turns into abuse. That's my own personal opinion anyway.

Comments

#43 you attract them, if you got a guy who treated you well you'd be surprised lol. Have fun being lied to and cheated on.

As stated, it's difficult to determine whether your boyfriend was genuinely being an asshole or you just randomly blurted it out and he was too surprised to respond. If you plan on being romantic, timing and delivery are important. There is a certain "mood" that needs to be set and you can't simply expect people to snap into it to suit your convenience. Of course, he might just be a jerk, but it's impossible to tell baded on your post.

ouch, next time he asks you for a blowski, give him a thumbs down, and turn to the tv

fatfaceunited 0

At least he didn't give you a thumbs-down

lol #47. Honestly, how romantic could it really have been sittin there in front of the TV?

There are so many different variables that are in play here. Has he done stuff like this before? Have you guys spend a lot of time planning this anniversary? Were you clear in your intent? Was he watching something he's really into? etc, etc I just can't really decide what to say because there is so much that we don't know. So whatever.

I2OI3 0

HA! WELL HEY AT LEAST YOU DIDN'T GET A THUMBS-DOWN, RIGHT?! WHAT WAS PLAYING ON TV THAT WAS MORE INTERESTING THAN YOU? IF IT WAS SOMETHING LIKE MYTHBUSTERS, THEN THAT WOULD JUST BE SAD.

patray_angel 0

I am not sure if the guy was an asshole if he was so into what he was watching that he didn't quite catch what was said That almost sounds like something I would do, except I wouldn't respond at all. I have been known to be in my own little world when something interesting is on tv. Luckily I am learning to multitask better now that my husband and I have a 15 month old daughter that likes to get into everything and anything. Which is why we have a DVR :) When you said that to your boyfriend, was it during a commercial break at least? I know when you feel that way, you what to say it right then and there, but you could have waited. When my husband and I were dating, we went out to eat to celebrate our 1 year anniversary. If money is a problem, you could have had a nice homecooked meal.

takemeaway10 0

For one, you probably shouldn't do romantic confessions while your man is watching tv. Also, learn to come in during commercial breaks. I know the feeling because I've had people try to talk to me during video games.... it doesn't work. I'm a woman, by the way.