By Dr_Gip - 18/10/2012 04:50 - United States

Today, I was so engrossed in a phone call that I drove off without pumping gas after I'd prepaid $50. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 928
You deserved it 43 849

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

I'll bet the phone call was with your wife, and it was about how you waste money

Life_sucks_13 6

That'd be hysterical! Oh the irony!

I would have loved to be the person that pulled up to that pump behind you! I'd feel like I won the Lotto! You know, gas pumps have a handle that automatically pump gas hands free. I use it while I cleaning the trash out of my car. Don't make another $50 mistake like that.

PhishloverA 14

So #15, you'd just pull up to the pump after OP and start pumping the gas that was already paid for? That's illegal. Please tell me you're kidding and wouldn't really do that. Also how would you know there was any money in there since everything goes to 0?

Of course I'm kidding. I'm a painfully honest person and not because of this Karma BS. (I don't believe in it) I've even driven to a person's house to hand deliver a found wallet that had a stack of cash in it and also a driver's license that was left at my job. (:

Here in Canada we don't have that feature on our gas pumps, you have to hold them

That "hands-free" thing doesn't do much good if you don't actually get around to pumping the gas into the car.

KiddNYC1O 20

In most places you have to hold the handle.

Dear Dr. Gip, I hope nobody calls you during a medical situation....."OK, the only way to save this person is to immediately give them....*phone rings*....sorry I have to get this."

Because being in a medical situation is totally the same as pumping gas.

FeroniaMoonscyth 2

No, it's not the same but people on cellphones just get so oblivious to everything.

#44 can you take a joke? Lighten up a bit.

This is the first I've heard of this happening. You usually hear of the 'pump then dash without paying' scenario. FYL OP, hope you were able to go back and sort it out :)

BellaBelle_fml 23

I have never been to, or heard of, a gas station where you can pump your gas before you pay.

That's the most common way here in Canada

Your own fault for using your phone whilst at the petrol station

YDI for talking on your phone while driving. I know it's not against the law everywhere, but it's still a stupid idea. If the phone call is distracting enough to make you forget the gas you just paid for it's probably going to be problematic while you're on the road, too. Even if you don't value your own life, value those of your fellow drivers and pay attention.

You shouldn't jump to conclusions! What if the scenario was: he pulls up to gas pump, prepays his 50 dollars. His phone rings so he answers it, it is a very important phone call and after he hangs up the intensity of the phone call has made him forget the he has not yet put gas in his car. If that's the case than you're just bitching him out about talking on the phone while driving when he was not doing that. If he is already outside the car to prepay for the gas, why would he get back in and start driving when the phone rings?

It's okay, you're helping the rich oil executives afford their 5th new Ferrari this year.

X_Codes 11

YDI. There are so many stories on Not Always Right about rude customers gabbing away on the phone and being rude to the clerks or just generally unaware of their surroundings.

That's why you don't pump gas while talking on a phone!!! Dumb C**T!! You deserve it!!