By Seabiscuit - 06/07/2009 04:03 - United States

Today, I was snuggling in bed with my girlfriend. She was depressed, so I complimented her strong legs, saying they were "like a horse." I spent the next hour and a half trying to stop her crying. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 488
You deserved it 77 731

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wandering_fml 0

Dude, some advice; if you EVER compare your girlfriend to an animal, make sure it isn't a huge animal that could be considered an indirect way of calling her fat. And even then, you're taking a big risk. When she's depressed, don't say much. Let her talk. She'll talk herself through it, all she needs is someone to listen to her and hold her. Someone who cares.

Maybe it would be a better idea to just snuggle with her and no stupid comments. If my girlfriend was depressed, I'd kiss her neck and tell her I love her and make her smile and laugh. :) But nice try. :P

Comments

mcsnelly 5

Well at least you meant well....but yeah, definitely should've just told her she had nice legs or strong legs and leave out the horse part....actually, just make it a rule to never compare a girl to a horse. And actually I agree with 116...if she was talking about whatever was making her depressed when you were snuggling, then you should have commented on that. Or if she wasn't talking about it anymore, just still sad, and you just wanted to compliment her, then compliments about her looks are nice, but it's good to compliment her personality/intelligence/etc. too.

...How could this possibly be offensive? Anyone who whines to their boyfriend about a part of their body, fishing for compliments, deserves it anyone. I think it's time for you to get a new girlfriend.

strawberryswirl 0

...How could you possibly think that would sound good coming out? Although my boyfriend says I have horseshoe feet and says he's "reshoeing" me when we shower and he washes my feet...but I guess I just don't get offended easily.

BurnTheVegan 0

An hour and a half of crying? Because you compared her legs to those of horses? What the ****?

testing_fml 0

Oh, what a nice compliment...just as well you could've said "you have the behind of a hippopotamus", which would have been as much of a compliment to her. Dude, how stupid was that? Having a depressed gf suks, but I don't know any girl who would've thought this a compliment! So why fyl? I'd rather say, f... HER life for having such an insensitive boyfriend.

Haha well, horses do have beautiful legs. It was sweet of you to try, but for future reference, just go for "your legs are beautiful," and skip the analogy. For someone who's depressed, anything that requires interpretation leaves too much room for negativity.

Tippssy 0

FYL for being with a bipolar bitch.

hahahaha thats so funny! Man-you guys calling her a bitch need to lighten up. Whats your problem? She had an emo day - he tryed to make it better but made it worse in typical male non-intuitive fashion - it's funny - no need to be all stink buzz and angry about it. geez.

lol she shouldn't have gotten offended though