By Seabiscuit - 06/07/2009 04:03 - United States

Today, I was snuggling in bed with my girlfriend. She was depressed, so I complimented her strong legs, saying they were "like a horse." I spent the next hour and a half trying to stop her crying. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 488
You deserved it 77 731

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wandering_fml 0

Dude, some advice; if you EVER compare your girlfriend to an animal, make sure it isn't a huge animal that could be considered an indirect way of calling her fat. And even then, you're taking a big risk. When she's depressed, don't say much. Let her talk. She'll talk herself through it, all she needs is someone to listen to her and hold her. Someone who cares.

Maybe it would be a better idea to just snuggle with her and no stupid comments. If my girlfriend was depressed, I'd kiss her neck and tell her I love her and make her smile and laugh. :) But nice try. :P

Comments

bandgeek24601 0

Today I was depressed, and cuddling with my boyfriend. He told me I have the legs of a horse. FML.

rapscallion 0

I don't see why she got insulted... unless her horse died the day before or something. Then it's an FML. As is, it's just lame.

fyl for having a whiny girlfriend. 1 1/2 hours crying over that stupid shit? ugh.

I found this funny only because you made your name Seabiscuit. Otherwise that sucks dude.

She's an idiot for getting upset over that. I would have taken it as a compliment. Horses have strong legs and are beautiful animals.

heyhey1880 0

you should have just said you have nice legs. that would have been much better lol (: but maybe since she was already depressed she just took everything in a bad way. well dont worry about it if she is mad about it then she doesnt deserve you anyways because you didnt mean it like that!

letitbe56 0

Personally, I get tired of my boyfriend always complimenting my looks. I would never tell him that, and I'm grateful for how much he cares about me, but would it hurt to compliment my intelligence once in a while? Anyway, it was sort of a dumb thing for you to say, but on the other hand, as misguided as the compliment was, I think she'd have to be pretty thick not to realize that the intentions were good. If my bf said that to me, I would have teased him (with love!) about how bad his instincts about women are :)

skean_h8ter 0

aw thats so sad at least you were trying to be nice

LOL OH NO a compliment gone wrong! It's ok, dont worry about it. :)