By Seabiscuit - 06/07/2009 04:03 - United States

Today, I was snuggling in bed with my girlfriend. She was depressed, so I complimented her strong legs, saying they were "like a horse." I spent the next hour and a half trying to stop her crying. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 489
You deserved it 77 732

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wandering_fml 0

Dude, some advice; if you EVER compare your girlfriend to an animal, make sure it isn't a huge animal that could be considered an indirect way of calling her fat. And even then, you're taking a big risk. When she's depressed, don't say much. Let her talk. She'll talk herself through it, all she needs is someone to listen to her and hold her. Someone who cares.

Maybe it would be a better idea to just snuggle with her and no stupid comments. If my girlfriend was depressed, I'd kiss her neck and tell her I love her and make her smile and laugh. :) But nice try. :P

Comments

Munchkin13 6

Why would you even think of a horse when your snuggling with your girlfriend?!

As a woman, I understand the sensitivity over being compared to a large animal. From a man's perspective, a compliment was given. Perhaps not the best of compliments, but the thought was sweet. And as far as the "you shouldn't date a girl like that" comments, does nobody understand that depression is real and anything can be taken badly? It is very serious and can do severe damage to a person if not treated or if it is ignored. Some understanding can be taken from all of the viewpoints. Also, snuggling, giving the security of a loving embrace is always respected and can help her to feel better. Kudos to you for being a real man and comforting her and holding her close!

I agree ur life sucks, but you shouldn't have said that I'm a guy and even I know better then to do that

Why would you relate anything about a girl to a horse? YDI

grog_fml 3

she's crying cause her boyfriends gay.

EpicFail1520 16

Girls get very self conscious about stuff like that. I have soccer legs. :p

YDI. Horse legs? Would you take it as a compliment if someone said you have legs like a horse? Stupid.

Good on you for trying to make her feel better. :) But yeah, maybe a horse isn't the best animal to compare her to.

Horses have beautiful, long and strong legs.

zfchatroulette 24

Exactly! Obviously it was meant to be a compliment, and she just felt like being offended. Makes me almost want to be straight.