By unexpected_failure - 22/11/2010 18:35 - United Kingdom

Today, I was showing my Mom how to use the Internet on her phone. As there was bad reception, it said "Unexpected Failure." Seeing it, she muttered under her breath, "Just like you, then..." FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 930
You deserved it 3 095

Same thing different taste

Top comments

aaand that is where you make an excuse, walk away and just let her deal with it on her own. Then, if you live at home you quietly get on with your shit until you can move out and if you already live on your own you go home and just don't call her for a while. Parents who say shit like that can end up de-motivating a kid to the point that they make them fail.

roaminginsomniac 0

Sounds like your mom is frustrated because she doesn't know how to do all this herself. Sorry, at least you know how to DO the internet on her phone. I think you should have let her struggle with it a while.

Comments

that's when u say **** u dipshit. she's the one who can't use her phone

So then take her phone from her. Turn it sideways, shine it up real nice. Make sure it is shiny because this doesn't work without shininess. Then for the big part. It's all shined up and turned sideways, so then proceed to stick it up her candy ass!!!!!

Sorry for such a late reply but... I love you! That was just great!

Ignore her. The only person who can make you feel like a failure is you. Or KaySL. Or Ignorance. Or even FFML_314. Or...

Am I the only one that thinks the mom might be talking to her phone? Just throwing stuff out there. I know when I get frustrated with something, I sometimes insult it because it calms my nerves somehow. Many people do this.

That's what I thought, too. Glad it's not just me. I curse my electronics regularly. If she was expecting her new phone to be amazing, "unexpected failure" seems apt in the circumstance.

MuchDance90s 0

And to think she has put up with you for so long. What love. But yeah, I talk to in-animate objects all the time. Oh, I bet 99% of people who read this probably doesn't know i'm talking about the phone.