By master6 - 21/12/2018 04:00

Today, I was pulling in to my work parking lot gate, accidentally hit the accelerator instead of the brake pedal, ran through the gate arm. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 697
You deserved it 1 276

Same thing different taste

Top comments

master6 17

For those curious, here's how it happened, at the gate there is a parking card reader you need to swipe for the gate arm to let you in, that day i pulled in a bit far, so i was trying to reach it through the window, and left the brake pedal in the process, so the car started moving, next i tried to stop the car BUT instead of hitting the break pedal, i hit the accelerator.

Normally when you’re very close to the gate you should already have your foot on the brake no?

Comments

Normally when you’re very close to the gate you should already have your foot on the brake no?

master6 17

There is this card thing at the gate you need to swipe in order for the gate arm to let you in, that day i pulled in a bit far, so i was trying to reach in through the window, and left the brake pedal in the process, so the car started moving, next i tried to stop the car BUT instead of hitting the break pedal, i hit the accelerator.

Tapped into someone at a red light the same way. Foot slipped and hit the wrong thing. Fortunately, I was able to switch quick enough to only tap.

I’ve done the opposite, hit the brake instead of the accelerator. Definitely less problematic than the other way

The Cat Tickler 17

Like a good neighbor, state farm is there 😋

whiskey'swino 15

That will jolt you awake better than coffee.

master6 17

For those curious, here's how it happened, at the gate there is a parking card reader you need to swipe for the gate arm to let you in, that day i pulled in a bit far, so i was trying to reach it through the window, and left the brake pedal in the process, so the car started moving, next i tried to stop the car BUT instead of hitting the break pedal, i hit the accelerator.

Another "accident" I "accidentally" sent a dic pic I "accidentally" cheated on my boyfriend I "accidentally" slept with my sister-in-law, my brother-in-law and my 2nd cousin I "accidentally" killed that kid on a dark road after downing 2L of whisky When will the lies stop!!??!!

Are you suggesting he rammed his car into a gate on purpose? Why would he do that?

why are you even comparing those to this?

I've done that before. Demolished the entire back end of the carport at my grandma's house. By far the most embarrassing post-pubescent moment of my life that didn't involve alcohol.