By Anonymous - 27/04/2009 06:24 - United States

Today, I was pulled over by a police officer for speeding. After writing the ticket, he asked me why I was wearing a surgical mask. I told him that swine flu was found in our area and I was scared. He thought that I was insulting him and wrote me another ticket. FML
I agree, your life sucks 76 307
You deserved it 16 693

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm guessing you actually said "pig flu", not "swine flu", didn't you?

Hilarious. I know a guy who has believed for over three years now that bird flu will bring the end of the world. Soon as I saw the news I sent him a message saying OMG - flu outbreak and this one's got ur name on it!

Comments

#13, I agree this cop is either stupid, or doesn't listen to the news (which if you're a cop, is pretty stupid). I can think of a case where there was a stupider cop though. On Headlines, on the Tonight Show, there was an article of a cop who pulled someone over for having fake license plates because they were from the state of West Virginia. She said "There ain't no state of West Virginia." The cop brought the person to the police station, only to find out West Virginia is a state, and the plates were valid. And yeah, fight that ticket. Who knows, you might embarrass the cop too when people find out he didn't know what swine flu was, if it was possibly in your area.

everyone needs to chill out on the whole swine flu thing. i'll bet it's been going around for a lot longer than we think, but it's just now that it's getting all this attention because it's a slow news week. swine flu will pass just like sars did.

to the people annoyed with the "first" comments, i hate them too, but dude if it bothers you that much just ignore it. lol op lol

i have zane flu. totally feel ya. cops can't do that, fight that shit. sry kid. feel better

elgorfo 0
hk21_fml 0

The officer could have pulled over for speed and noticed some other minor traffic violation(, yet decided to let that go. When thought he was being insulted, he could have changed his mind about letting it go. Btw, not all cops are douchebags or ignorant. Those of you who insult cops just because they do their job are pathetic. Get a life, seriously.

robbietherabbit 0

the correct response would have been, "Good god, man! I have lives to save!" and then speed off

deabruzo 0

Generally, cops aren't bad people... every now and again one slips through the system. I once got pulled over and the cop started rattling off a bunch of things wrong with my car that he could cite me for. The problem was that the car was registered in a different state, and one so far away that there wouldn't be reciprocity on the issues he mentioned. In the end he gave me a speeding ticket that I managed to get thrown out. Cops can and will write a ticket for anything. Most people won't fight it, so they meet their expectations (no such thing as quotas, as a literal). YOU should both fight the ticket AND make a complaint to his supervisor or the chief. That's assuming he didn't cite you for an actual violation. (a smart cop CAN find a violation anywhere, such as a taillight being out or hanging something, even a parking permit, from your rear-view mirror)

skullshogun 0

sorry bud.. you seem paranoid about that.. but to each their own. Just next time.. just say the FLU is going around, not the SWINE flu... anything to do with Pigs they would probably take as a pun and insult against them.