By Anonymous - 15/12/2013 06:47 - United States - Fresno

Today, I was playing with my dog, when she started sniffing my face. Jokingly, I got up and started to sniff her face back and asked "Yeah, how do you like that?" She replied by biting into my face. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 362
You deserved it 35 751

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm not a dog expert or anything but I think that means she didn't like it

In the dog's head: "I smell another dog on you. WHO IS SHE?"

Comments

Sure they do. Ever see an escaped husky flee from its master? They think its hilarious.

snowdreak 12

If my dog did that I would have forced her on the ground rolled her over and pinned her with her mouth shut... And sniffed her face again.

Serinar 5

Careful. As a licensed dog trainer I can tell folks that alpha rolls can be dangerous with dominate dogs. Especially when done incorrectly. I'm sure you know what you're doing and know your dog well enough to know how he/she will respond but, for OP's sake and those not experienced with training, I don't advise this. OP's mistake to begin with was getting in the dog's face. As someone else mentioned, this is a sign of dominance in dogs. Biting is not an acceptable behavior, however. OP, you should look for a reputable trainer in your area to get some advice. This has potential to turn into something more serious.

an3ph 20

And did you bite her face back? That's the only way she'll ever learn.

I'm a little confused as I'm reading these comments. Most say it's a training issue. I don't think that's true. I used to have a miniature poodle who would act the same way as OP's dog, and didn't care if he hurt you. Now, I have an English Bulldog who literally doesn't care what you do to her, she will NOT bite or growl at anyone. We play with her face, her paws, her toys. She just stares at us. If we're playing and she gets ahold of us with her teeth, she let's go immediately and backs up. Both dogs were raised the same way and trained the same way. It's definitely not a training thing, I think some breeds are just more protective than others.

Serinar 5

It has to do with the individual personality of the dog. Training isn't one size fits all and raising two dogs exactly the same way can produce different results. Training is needed to help OP establish a proper relationship with their dog's specific needs and establish dominance as well.

Return the dog, you obviously lack the intelligence for proper ownership of a dog ... May I recommend a cactus, you don't even really have to water them, it really requires almost no effort on your part, sounds more up to your speed.

You really shouldn't stick your face in a dog's face, even your own. They can get freaked out and bite.