By EMT_Koulianos - 25/05/2009 15:14 - United States

Today, I was performing CPR on a woman on her floor while her internal defibrillator kept firing, making her whole body jump. When it fired, her hand went straight up into my nuts. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 121
You deserved it 4 089

Same thing different taste

Top comments

heyyou1203 0

:-( sorry dude, you were doing a great deed and you got injured. I'd still give you a pat on the back though.

AICD's have been around for a long time. they work the same as the pads, sending massive wattage across your heart and will cause a convulsion in the limbs. go google it ffs.

Comments

cucuto89 0

Never, NEVER perform CPR on someone when a defibrillator is working, if you were actually certified in CPR, you would know that instead of just being some jack ass whose trying to be a hero

#28 lmfao yea there have been like 10 FMLs that have to do with being a prude 24 year old.

Yulia_fml 0
nycemt83 0

cucuto he clearly stated it was an INTERNAL defibrillator, there's not a whole lot he can do about it if it's firing. It could have been malfunctioning and repeatedly shocking her even if she was in asystole, or the shocks may have not been enough...ever see vertical pacer spikes on an EKG? And you do CPR on anyone who needs it, internal defibrillator firing or not...if it was an EXTERNAL defibrillator, on the other hand, and he did a compression during a shock, I don't think he'd be sitting here posting the story on the internet. The FML could have just been the embarrassment, especially if it was really noticeable and in view of the family...it didn't have to cause a great amount of pain for it to be an FML. And #30 where on earth did you learn to straddle people during CPR? Zimbabwe? If anything doing that would make his crotch harder to reach, assuming her arms are at her sides...what, are they going to rise up AND come medially into his junk? Talk about people who think they know what they're talking about...you're in the medicine field huh? What are you, the registration clerk?

woww89 0

i dont get how her head could reach your nuts if you were on the ground giving her cpr...

Sleepwalker418 0

woww89 - Where the hell did you read that her HEAD reached his nuts?

if her defib sensed that she needed to be defibed then that means that her heart was still beating, but irregularly, so then CPR wouldn't be necessary.

AmyBeth 0

#42, wow just wow, to how cruel you are. The OP may have been doing something good to help her.

alexgisforme3 0

only hot guys should be allowed to perform cpr on women (or ones that look like alex gaskarth if its about me...)...i guess she wasnt happy with you lol. but thats mean, so ill point out that i really admire you choosing a career to save people =).