By badluck - 21/07/2014 19:31 - Canada - Medicine Hat

Today, I was out with my boyfriend, when he started browsing wedding rings. He found a ring, proposed to me right there in front of a crowd, and then was promptly denied a payment plan. We left without a ring. FML
I agree, your life sucks 59 374
You deserved it 5 747

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sounds like he didn't think that out very carefully.

Comments

They're not very smooth. It'd rub you the wrong way after a while.

Awww :( well at least his heart was in the right place

brettrb 18

Right? I feel people aren't giving him enough credit (no pun intended) for trying to be spontaneous with the girl he loves.

Engaged without a ring doesn't sound that great but congrats OP

zevo1415 10

Its just like being engaged with a ring except there is no ring. Possessions mean nothing.

Kevlar_burrito 6

So? If you have a solid relationship, money shouldn't matter. The fact that you both love each other and want to be with one another is what's important. Not some gaudy golden finger bauble.

Plus he can redo the proposal once he gets his money straightened out. It's still special that he wants to spend his life with OP. The situation may be embarrassing, but it doesn't make it any less sweet. :) It's the thought that counts.

If he's old enough to propose he should be old enough to know how to handle money and have enough saved away for a ring. There what like $10g

yeah, most people have stashes of money hidden away like that, I mean they're only what, $10,000?

I'd be pretty peeved if someone spent that on a ring. It'd be a far better sum to put towards a house deposit, and shun this ridiculous idea that a giant diamond is the important part. I guess if you could buy a house outright it'd matter less. But I'd be too scared of losing something that expensive.

Yeah, I'd probably refuse the proposal if I found out he spent that much on a ring because it would show that he/she never really knew me at all.

If I were going to do that, I would have made sure I have enough money to afford the ring. However, I understand that a nice ring can be very expensive and he might miscalculated his ability to purchase it. In any case, congratulations and the best luck in your life together!

diamonda are worthless. they are a waste of money. they only cost so much because only one company actually owns all the diamonds. the owner of the company even publicly admitted they are worthless. you shoild save the money and put it toward the future home andbfamily instead of an engagement ring - which most women dont wear after marriage.

Well at least he loves you enough to even propose

You can still be engaged without a ring.

Good, the rest of the comments were making me wonder if you couldn't be engaged legally without one in Canada.

I still think that was a great concept to ask, should be thankful!

I'm having deja vu cause I've seen this FML before