By surfer - 21/07/2014 17:14 - United States - New York

Today, I went surfing, got a few rides, then realized I had my phone in my pocket. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 202
You deserved it 26 237

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Happened to me at least twice, FYL OP.

That happened to me. My friend pushed me in... -.-

Happen to me twice two. I had my phone for a week until I broke another phone

Your friend pushed you on to a surfboard then you caught some waves? Sweet!

One of the few perks of surfing in cold water is that you always need a wetsuit, so that sort of thing won't happen.

cryssycakesx3 22

#20, so that didn't happen to you at all then?

schhichick 14

Just because she was not on a board does not mean it was not a similar situation! Both she and OP accidently got their phones wet while enjoying the water!

cryssycakesx3 22

you don't have to explain things like a moron.

I don't think #20 was enjoying the water if they were pushed into it

schhichick 14

If it makes any of you feel better, you're beating my uncle on this one. He's jumped into the pool with at least 4 phones.

#85 ...she said she got pushed in she didn't actually get in purposely so i highly doubt she was enjoying the water before she realized her phone got wet ..

Surfs you right for not checking your pockets.

There there, don't put more Salt in OP's pain. OP, don't go overBOARD and blame yourself too much. It could happen to anyone. SEA if you can get it fixed or get a new one.

uglyheadedbitch 20

That was good until you came along.

Haha. sorry about that. I was feeling pretty proud I came up with three puns. Failed! FML

cryssycakesx3 22

but for poor OP, he'll be board without his phone. he's gonna have to wave to his friends in person.

Tide to remember not to do that next time

Guess this would be a time to invest in a lifeproof case for possible future misfortunes when you get a new phone?

Or maybe he could simply take it upon himself to check his pockets before contacting water...?

I have a lifeproof case but I still wouldn't want to take it out in the water, especially where it's deep, like where he's surfing, and where he could easily drop it and not get it back. I'd stick with checking the pockets before you go or maybe have a plan to always leave it in the car.

cryssycakesx3 22

ziploc bags are wonderful if around a pool or what have you.

schhichick 14

Ziploc bags are very easily punctured. I would recommend getting an underwater case for situations like pools etc....

cryssycakesx3 22

well I don't know what you're doing in your pool but they work just fine.

schhichick 14

Well there are some pool toys that could easily rip a Ziploc bag.

cryssycakesx3 22

what did the one ocean say to the other? nothing they just waved... sea how I did that...

football98_fml 20

You better start surfing for a new phone

XxMacxX 4

That's why I have a Lifeproof case. sucks to be you OP.

In case you go surfing and have your phone in your pocket? That's why I have one too.

I feel your pain dude. hopefully that rice trick works with saltwater!

Actually op should rinse phone in clean water since the salt will destroy the innards. After that rice for two days. Hope it works.

ariiewilliams 17

You should look into getting a Lifeproof case

Def read that first line with "smurfing."

nlm92 15

Damnnnn maybe try putting it in a bowl of rice. I hear that sometimes works. After a few rides though? I'm not so sure. Worth a try though. Fyl OP that sucks!