By gmarina789 - 27/01/2011 11:28 - United Kingdom

Today, I was out with my boyfriend, and I had an epileptic fit. He had never seen me have one, and it freaked him out. He rang me later to dump me, as he didn't want to go out with someone who acted like a 'spaz' in public. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 502
You deserved it 4 222

gmarina789 tells us more.

Hey guys, thanks for posting all your comments, I have read them all. Firstly i'd like to say that epilepsy is a condition that can't be helped, so i'm kind of stuck with it and its not necessarily genetic. I am proud of who I am and I wouldn't change who I am even if I could. Secondly, I did tell my ex that I had epilepsy, I told him straight away so he was aware of my condition; to not tell him would have been unfair. Thirdly thanks to all the people who understand what its like and have written messages of support, I really appreciate it. To those who have written 'negative' comments, you are entitled to your own opinion, just don't share it with me. Being called a 'spaz' or saying that 'i'm sick' or 'not normal' is uncalled for. I'm currently studying Medicine at Birmingham Uni to try and help those like me, and all i'm going to say is how ironic would it be if one of you who have said i'm 'not normal' came into a hospital where I was working and I saved your life...I guess you wouldn't be saying stuff then. Again, thanks for all the positive comments :)

Comments

Clonedskin 0

how ignorant of him,but did you told him you suffer from Seizures in the beginning?

What an insensitive prick. You deserve better, OP.

that's terrible! :( you deserve so much better

Pb25797051 0

how do you know she deserves better?

lovelove24 1

Everyone deserves at least one person who loves them.

Im sorry about your predicament. But you must understand it takes a strong person to deal with something like that. My husband has seizures daily and I love him to death but I must admit it does take a toll on me. Regardless, I would never leave him, true love overcomes all obstacles. Eventually, you will find someone that loves every aspect of you.

mstracy 0

shoulda told him you're an epileptic in the beginning. the situation is half your fault if you didn't. can't blame it all on the other person if you had something to hide as well

Mr_Darkside 5

hey maybe she just figured it out? Its not her fault. If he really loved her he would except that one mistake.

maddyjayneexox 4

what a freaking jerk!! does he know it's a medical condition?! like, that's really low of him, don't worry there are better guys out there then this idiot:)

your better of without a person like that!

fthku 13

That guy sounds like an asshole, BUT, when it comes to things like these I think a boyfriend has the right to know. More than just the right to know, what if you're alone and you didn't tell him about it and he has no idea what to do? It's dangerous for you. FYL for having an asshole ex-boyfriend but YDI for not telling him. That was irresponsible in regards to YOUR own health and it was his right to know.

She didn't say she never told him, only that he had never seen her have an epileptic fit before. The way I see it the guy's an asshole, period.

fthku 13

Unless OP's ex-boyfriend is a complete and utter idiot, he should know at least somewhat what to expect had she told him about it. I agree that he's an asshole, but it just doesn't sound like OP had told him about it.